Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oven Broken Oddly
  • GregMay
    Free Member

Electric Franken,plugs into wall and is easy to pull out.

Switches on fine,fan comes on, clock works – but no heat coming out. Grill works fine.

Changed fuse, not that it should be that, no change.

Element in the fan oven gone maybe?
    Is there another fuse I can self check other than the plug?

kendo954
    Free Member

Yep more than likely the element,

Take it out and see if its split

z1ppy

Just changed the grills element in ours, still didn’t work.. turned out it was actually the switch, the contact had melted (moved out of position) due to the current going through it (new switch look more heavy duty). Very annoying but it wasn’t a hard to replace them, so don’t right it off without taking a look at repairing it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thread title looks like one of those randomly generated passwords from the dictionary.

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

I had the same problem once. Turned out a thermal fuse at the back of the oven (outside) had gone,fitted new one and it worked fine again.

GregMay
    Free Member

Right, I’ll have a look at that when I get back from a ride.

Wasted enough time with this so far!

nuke

I’ve had this twice the same as you describe on our Belling in-built oven (clock, fan and grill still working) and both times it was the element…just bought replacements off ebay

Yak

Most likely to be the element.
    Get one from ransomspares or similar shop.
    I got one from there for mine. V cheap and about a 5 min job to replace.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

*hijack*Really enjoying saying Oven broken Oddly.

Lovely.

Like cellar door.

dudeofdoom

Def sounds like element.

I’ve done a few on our SMEG found that the real part seems to last longer than the copies though.

J273
    Free Member

My Neff oven as done exactly this today. Fan comes on but the oven never gets hot with the temp control light staying lit.

Im thinking its the element and will fit it myself. I was going to pay £60 for the part but after ebay being mentioned above i’ve just checked and can get one for £7 🙂 Are these non genuine parts safe to use?
    Thanks

nuke

Are these non genuine parts safe to use?

I’ve noticed they do tend to get hot. hth

GregMay
    Free Member

Looks like it is probably the element. Checked and cleaned all the contacts – no change.

Rented house so I think I’ll give the letting agency a call.

Also, note that cooking bread with a grill assisted fan oven is possible – albeit tedious.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oven Broken Oddly’ is closed to new replies.