Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • oval rings on a double
  • dufusdip
    Free Member

I’ve got one bike set up with an oval NW ring and love it. Would like to convert a double on the fat bike to a double but is this possible? Any pointers or suppliers you can recommend?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rotor QX2 in a few different BCD…

http://rotorbike.com/products/mtb/versions/qx2_50

JoeG
    Free Member

dufusdip
    Free Member

Ha ha Thanks. I’m old enough to have run biopace on a roadie twenty five years ago!

lerk
    Free Member

Rotor mtb ovals are about £300 and from what I can see are no longer made…
    I too have been looking at the idea.

Best I could think of was to use two NW rings and bin the mech, just having the granny as an emergency option.

Or going ridiculously low on your gearing choice – I have effectively done this on my alfined bike to miss the gear inch chasm between 1st and 2nd, it really doesn’t bother me if I spin out on downhill sections.
    Something like a 28T oval?

breadcrumb

NW won’t work with a double.

The NW is designed to keep the chain on, and you’d have no control on the chain aligning with the ring correctly.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Doval do them. Search ebay. You’ll probably need to buy from Asia and the ovality (?) is quite mild but otherwise they are fine.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Thanks very much I’ll check that out. Hadn’t yet priced up the Rotor option but thought it might sting.

Or might need to look at expander and go one-ten nw oval but currently like the range of the double on the fat bike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘oval rings on a double’ is closed to new replies.