Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Oval cinch chainrings?
  • Stedlocks
    Free Member

Does anyone know if works components have a race face cinch compatible chainring in the pipeline? Or does the collective wisdom know if the GXP SRAM version would fit my Aeffect cranks?
    I’m oval curious, but am loath the spunk £50 sheets on the absolute black or woolftooth versions….

blairc70
    Free Member

There is this one http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/oneup-components-narrow-wide-cinch-oval-single-chainring/rp-prod141761

I am looking for a 30T, blonicon also do one but out of stock.

Sram gxp won’t fit if you have 30mm spindle

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Thanks chap….I don’t want to spend that much to find out I don’t like it…..! Cheap, I know….

russyh
    Free Member

Stedlocks SRAM fit ones will not fit aeffect cranks or cinch system I’m afraid. I purchased an absolute black variant for my fatty 28t oval as its the only one I could find at the time. Bloody expensive at £65 I think it was. But it’s a great bit of kit I love it!

gee
    Free Member

I’ve just got the Absolute Black ones. Review is here

http://www.xcracer.com/oval-chainrings–product-review.html

They are superb. Fair enough a little more than a £25 Superstar jobbie but the oval is a revelation.

mark_rich
    Free Member

I bought my AB cinch oval ring from ubyk, £46, same price as direct but free p&p instead of about £6 if remember right.
    So far so good.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Thanks guys….I’ll wait a bit till I wear my round one out a bit, then go for it,co reckon :0)

Northwind

I got an AB one and it’s a perfectly good part, but they dicked me around on the order as is their way. If I was doing it again I’d go with Wolftooth or Oneup, as to the best of my knowledge they’re not bellends.

Works have one on the to-do list but with Works that can mean long waits, they only make new stuff when they have time, which isn’t often.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Absolute Black ring here and it is great. Best chain retention of any narrow/wide I’d have to date.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

I’ve bitten the bullet and gone for one….an AB in 32 tooth flavour.
    Hopefully, it will ease the knee issue following my crash……that’s the aim anyway!

tom.nash

AbsoluteBLACK do a 30 day trial offer; if you dont like the oval then they will chamge for a round. I am well impressed with the quality, worth the cash imo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Oval cinch chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.