Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oval Chainring. 104mm/36T/Silver anywhere?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Ive tried the usual suspects that I can recall, like SSC and Absolute, but cant find a 36T in Silver.

The only one I can find is on eBay from China, but I think the oval orientation is wrong, am I right? Tazzy?

The Chinese one seems to be orientated 0/180deg, as opposed to, say Absolutes and Tazzy’s One-Key which IIRC is more -45/135deg?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DECKAS-Bike-Single-Narrow-Wide-Oval-Chainring-Chain-Ring-BCD-104mm-32-34-36-38T-/272097673604

Absolute:

Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone?

AlexSimon

That blue ones looks the same orientation as the AB no?

I was going to say that Mad Elk have good stocks of AB, but AB don’t do a silver full stop.

stevied
    Free Member

They’re ^ not silver either 🙄

AlexSimon

Here’s you’re ebay one overlayed over the AB one.
    I tried to line up the holes.

Maybe the AB is 96bcd, so it doesn’t quite line up, but I reckon the clocking is very close.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers Alex. My wonky eyes must have got it wrong. Silver is an option at the ebay listing.

johnnystorm

Black one and oven cleaner?

Stoner
    Free Member

having placed the order, I’ve just realised the question of clocking in my case is moot!

The ring is going on a Middleburn spider which gives me loads of clocking options! Phew! 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

chain ring arrived today – 8 days from order from China.

Couple of interesting things to note.

1) the inside of the bolt tabs is a shade too thick for the recess on my middleburn spider arms. They’ll need filing/grinding back to fit. BCD is correct

2) there is a very slight clocking, by my reckoning and scribbling/playing with Jr’s compass, it’s about 10 degrees. I have no idea if that is sufficient. Tazzy, whats on the OneKey? But if I want more, I can rotate the spider on the arm as mentioned above.

AlexSimon

Shame about the filing needed. They’ve probably tested on Shimano-only.
    I reckon your 10-degree line is 5-degrees exaggerated though 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

well on a 36T, 1 tooth would be 10 degrees, so it probably can’t be less than that 🙂

AlexSimon

Why – do the teeth have to line up with anything?

Stoner
    Free Member

I thought just that as I typed my previous post, d’oh! 🙂

gaidong
    Free Member

Still not silver but a reputable company – http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/elliptical/products/elliptical-104-bcd-chainrings. I use their stainless ring and they’re beautifully made.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oval Chainring. 104mm/36T/Silver anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.