Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Outwell Montana 6 owners – talk to me
  • chakaping
    Free Member

We’re getting on really well with the tent, great design and it survived not-Hurricane Bertha battering the south coast last Sat night.

But the mixed weather made me realise it’d be quite handy to have a bit of shelter outside the tent.

Anyone got the sun canopy and do you find that adequate for a cooking shelter? Can be got quite a bit cheaper than the extension – and would be smaller packed away presumably so I’m leaning towards this as an add-on.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve a Montana 4 and the sun canopy is excellent. Obviously no protection from sideways hurricane rain but will keep you dry under normal rain conditions. HTH

chipster

We’ve had a Montana 6 for a few years, but the wife insisted we were having the awning from the start. It’s where we do the cooking, and keep the fridge, and a table. 🙄
    Sorry, this doesn’t answer your question.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had the montana 6 for 3 weeks but not used it in anger yet. However this morning I found the extension for 150 quid so took a punt. Our current tent was great but we also had the extension for it which we found very very useful. Cooking, boots off etc without going into the clean area of the main tent.

Cougar

To solve the OP’s problem on our tent, we got a Decathlon tarp:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/tarp-hiking-shelter-dark-green-id_2363223.html

No doubt not as good as the specific one for the tent, but for the price of the extension you could buy ten of them.

angeldust
    Free Member

We have the sun canopy and it is indispensable as a cooking/BBQ shelter. Fine in everything but horizontal driving rain.

Bimbler
    Free Member

We have the sun canopy for our Montana 6 (2007-2014, rip) in truth I don’t think it’s really suitable for anything more than its moniker suggests. Imo buy the extension or use the side door in conjunction with a Coleman Event shelter

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will have to see how things work out on eBay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Outwell Montana 6 owners – talk to me’ is closed to new replies.