Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Outlook problems
  • sealogger
    Free Member

Aaaarrrggh

Just sat down this morning to find all my ‘automatic’ email address’s (ie when you tap in lead letter they appear on scroll down menu)have vanished from outlook ??

Can I retrieve them ? Where have they gone?

xiphon
    Free Member

Did anything else seem strange when you logged on?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve had this in the past. Don’t know why it happens – it just does. It’s a pain but you just have to rebuild the list by selecting the names from your address book

matt_outandabout

Outlook

There is your problem right there.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

To turn on automatic completion of e-mail addresses
    1.On the Tools menu, click Options.
    2.Click E-mail Options, and then click Advanced E-mail Options.
    3.Under When sending a message, tick the Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields check box.

also check
    Nirsoft NK2 edit

Cougar

You can force a manual completion with control-K (I actually prefer this behaviour to the autocomplete, YMMV).

If ^K fails, it’s not got your address book set as a contact source (set under Tools / Accounts usually). Probably worth a reboot before changing anything just to rule out temporary insanity.

dh
    Free Member

Sounds like your nickname file has disappeared (or you have logged in with a temporary profile). Have a search/root about in for C:\Docs & Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook for a file name nk2 and copy that over.

sealogger
    Free Member

Thanks All

I’ve just logged back in tonight, and the ‘new’ autocomplete list that I had made only this morning has now vanished. So it mustn’t be saving any at all ??

Muddy bum – I can’t find the tools menu (I am on office 2010)

Cheers N

jimmy

Its called Recent Contacts in [b]Lotus Notes[/b][/u].

wallop

I had this problem recently. Weirdly, they all came back the next day. Someone in my office suggested it was because my inbox was full (can’t understand that though).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Outlook problems’ is closed to new replies.