Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Outlook all users help
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

I know theres lots of IT bods here, if any are up to speed with Outlook Id be happy for some advice

I will probably be leaving my job soon as the company is it the doo doo

If I leave unexpectedly which the way management have been behaving is likely then Id love to be able to send an email to all users after I leave

Like you do *cough*

We use Outlook

Im a bit of a novice but poking around the company address book it looks like the address for 'all users' is actually allusers@my arseholecompanywhichisabouttosackusall.com

Now there must be a decent level of spam protection to prevent anyone from sending an email to the above address, so how do I go about looking for a way of emailing everybody when I am off site and unable to log in to the intranet?

All replies gratefully received and discretion assured

🙂

bassspine
    Free Member
    iamsporticus
    Free Member

Oh dont worry Im only going to send it after they sack me
    Which the way they have been behaving will be soon 🙁

And so Im very keen to work out how I can email allusers@tossers.com from a Hotmail account

There must be some way to export the whole users list from Outlook mustnt there?

Allegedly

samuri
    Free Member

For a start, any reasonably set up company will block any external mail address from sending to a group email address and anyone who was really doing things properly would only allow a distinct set of users to send to that address, directors, HR, that sort of thing.

If, only the former instance is implemented then I couldn't possibly suggest spoofing the 'from' address when you send an email to that group address. You'll need an smtp agent running somewhere, something like bmail if you're windows based, that will allow you to effectively forge the from address. That might work, I'd try setting it up and sending an email to your own work address first to see if it works with a spoofed from address which has the same domain as your work email address. All depends how savy your IT guys are.

edit: All advice is given in a theoretical capacity you understand. I'm not suggesting you do it.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You could actually do something as stupid as this from your work account, using a particular option in the email. It'll then sit in your outbox until that point in time (and as long as your company don't delete it or your account once you're done).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Or maybe put the neccesary effort into keeping your job?

🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

I would have thought it might make more sense to do what i did, copy the address book and all emails from work to a personnal computer for reference. You never know when you might want to contact someone.

I was using Lotus Notes not outlook but there is probably a way.

johnners
    Free Member

I would have thought it might make more sense to do what i did, copy the address book and all emails from work to a personnal computer for reference

I'd be very cautious about doing that. There are DPA issues, as well as IPR and data ownership ones.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Just don't do it. I know how you feel, but just don't burn your bridges. You never know how it will come back to haunt you in later life. Did for me.

Just breathe ….. and relax. Now get on with something worthwhile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Outlook all users help’ is closed to new replies.