• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by km79.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Outdoor/Walking trousers recommendations
  • nickc

Currently using a v old pair of Endura Hummer trousers, which are OK-ish in the summer, but are neither windproof or anything like waterproof (at least they’re reasonably fast drying) Need map pocket that will take an OS, and no camo please, up to £80.00 budget.

devash
    Free Member

Craghoppers Kiwi Stretch Pros are the only hiking / walking trousers that I’ve found that aren’t as baggy as 80’s MC Hammer pants. Craghoppers stuff isn’t the most durable but you can pick these up for around £25 online and I usually get a good couple of years out of a pair.
    http://www.uttings.co.uk/p114446-craghoppers-mens-kiwi-pro-active-trousers-black-cmj322-800/

matt_outandabout

Are you long of leg – I am, so that has informed the following choice…

Patagonia Rock Pants and Rock Guide pants are simple, well cut and I have yet to find anything that outlasts them. My last pair has just died this spring (worn through the arris), after a decade of hard use working in the outdoors… They have a patch pocket on thigh, that is big but I don’t think I have ever put a full OS map in.
    Sales have them in around £60-80.

I also have a nice pair of Arcteryx trouses, that do take an OS in thigh pocket, but they are not cut as well as the Patagonia’s and do not dry as quick.

If you want waterproof, you need overtrousers.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I have these – really good.

Mountain Equipment Ibex

Oh – and they come in 3 leg lengths too.

wl
    Free Member

Montane ones are v popular and supposedly v good if you don’t mind looking like a forester owing to knee patches. Think it’s called the Terra pant or something.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of Montane trousers that I’m really happy with, a heavy winter pair and light summer pair. Its the super terra pants and the thinner Terra pants.

I like montane stuff, fits me really well and quality is good.

Montane ones are v popular and supposedly v good if you don’t mind looking like a forester owing to knee patches. Think it’s called the Terra pant or something.

Mine are all black, I don’t like the coloured knee patch look

Keva
    Free Member

Those Craghopper stretch are a great fit and very versatile, I’ve had several pairs over the years. As well as hiking I wear them to work, for cycling, running and yoga. I’ve walked up Cadir Idris in them on New Years day when it was below -10 at the top and my legs didn’t get cold, I wore them a couple of weeks ago up on the Glyders and they weren’t too hot either. They’re not waterproof though, have no map pocket and mine only last about a year or 18months before the stretch starts breaking down and they lose shape, but I do wear them a lot.

km79
    Free Member

Decathlon Quechua Forclaz trousers are not too expensive and comparable in quality and function to most branded stuff costing a lot more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor/Walking trousers recommendations’ is closed to new replies.