Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Outdoor PIR LED replacement bulbs
  • djglover
    Free Member

Has anyone had any success replacing r7 halogens on outdoor PIR operated spotlights with LED? It makes me whinge each time several ’00W fire up on an evening.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I tried a few but in the end nothing was as bright as the 500w it was replacing.
    In the end I swapped the whole fitting for a 50w led and this is much better. It is probably as bright but is a much nicer colour temperature so appears brighter.

marcus7
    Free Member

You’ll struggle to do a swap to LED you need a fairly big metal backplane for a COB or a full IMS board array for heat dissipation if want a decent output and also a power controller. It would be way cheaper to replace the whole unit with an LED unit. Oh and don’t buy cheap as they really are crap.

andysredmini
    Free Member

As above don’t buy a cheap one. I know someone who has had 4 or 5 in the time I have had 1 good one.
    Not cheap but I bought this one but not from this link so you may be able to find cheaper.
    http://www.sparkswarehouse.com/products/ldflp50w?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=941473871&gclid=CJCgh9HQ5ckCFQUewwodxT4NFg.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor PIR LED replacement bulbs’ is closed to new replies.