Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Outdoor Hot and Cold Tap – Anyone Got One?
  • ridethelakes
    Free Member

I need to get an outside tap installed but would like hot and cold water. Is it possible? Can you get mixer taps that work outdoors and can fit on to a hose pipe?

Cheers.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep just (tap) sorry,into you 15mm hot and cold feeds.
    There normaly next to each other in the house.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. Was hoping there was a type of outdoor mixer tap available that will connect to a housepipe. I suppose i could have hot and cold taps and then use a 3 way connect to mix it myself but a purpose built outdoor mixer is what I'm looking for.

shedfull
    Free Member

Something like this. I think you'll need check valves to stop cross contamination of hot into cold or vice versa.

postierich
    Free Member

I had a hot tap fitted when I had a new sink plumbed its lush and great for hosing your kit and self down.
    Hozelock fittings do not like hot water they will pop off after a while.

Rich

jd-boy
    Free Member

I have a hot and cold tap outside, I use the hot 90%, great for cleaning the bike on them cold days plus it come up great using Turtle Wax, Hot tap is the way forward. Be sure that you can isolate the taps from in the house, so you can drain them in the cold and stop the neighbours etc using your water.

project
    Free Member

Always ensure you can and do isolate the taps from inside when you go on holiday or away for a few days.

Customer 1,i was standing in the kitchen of his very large house,and said despite all the drought,you seem to have a large pond at the botom of your garden,no he says,then turns white and runs out.

It appears the neighbour had been useing his hosepipe and had left it running for possibly 2 weeks while he was on holiday,and he was on a water meter.

Customer 2,put an outside tap in for his daughter,few weeks later she had a house warming party,a few of her freinds thought it funny,to put the hose through the cat flap and turn the water on,almost total destruction of the ground floor,due to flooding.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions, shedfull that looks like just the trick although a proper mixer would have been best. Ta.

langy
    Free Member

I don't…but I did house sit a place that did have hot and cold outside – including the open air shower (looks out over a secluded section of a conservation park with their land running up to the boundary about half a kilometre distant before anyone gets all voyeur! 😉 ), which was funny at the time, but I would love now. No more listening to the wife complain about leaving a wake of trail muck behind me en route to the shower!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

only cold for me but like the idea of a hot tap defo going to get one now it makes so much sense

mandog

I have hot and cold. One day shall build a mud room for cleaning off before coming into the house.

rubberscrubber
    Free Member

I got a loo and kitchen sink in my garage, ideal for degreasing and washing out, no hot tap though. Use a kettle for hot water.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor Hot and Cold Tap – Anyone Got One?’ is closed to new replies.