Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Outdoor Activities Research – Participants Needed
  • odaresearch
    Free Member

Do you regularly play in the great outdoors?

We are conducting some exciting research at Bangor University (Wales, UK) in collaboration with local business and outdoor pursuits provider Surf-Lines, to better understand people who take part in outdoor activities. While research is starting to emerge about the motives for engaging in high-risk sports, little is known about the long-term benefits of engaging in outdoor activities. The research is supported by the European Social Fund, through the Welsh Government.

In the current study we will ask anyone who regularly participates in an outdoor activity (18 years old and over) to complete an online survey. The survey takes 20 minutes to complete, and once completed you will have the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win £50 worth of vouchers to spend at Surf-Lines.

By participating in this research you will help us to advance the research in the outdoor activity domain by assisting us in identifying the long-term psychological benefits of engaging in outdoor activities. Outdoor providers could eventually use this evidence to promote the programmes that they offer.

For more information about the study and to access the online survey follow this link https://acsurvey.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4Pb4rpdBO2dtF77

You can follow updates on the research as it progresses on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ODAresearch) and Twitter ( @ODAresearch). Contact details can be found in the ABOUT section of the Facebook page.

Thank you in advance for taking part in this research!

Please share this with anyone you know who regularly participates in an outdoor activity

watsontony
    Free Member

on with that now mate.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In the past 12 months how many outdoor activities have you been regularly involved in? (maximum of 3 activities)

Cycling
    Kayaking
    Hill-walking
    Scuba diving

4 unrelated activities, I take it the survey doesn’t apply to me, although I can’t see how limiting it to 3 activities helps with the data.

watsontony
    Free Member

you just pick the 3 that apply the most

Rubber_Buccaneer

Dogging doesn’t appear to be on the list?

Stoner
    Free Member

hmm, does “Trekking” cover hill walking/bivvying?
    I assumed it did.

What level of “achievement” have I got to in “mountainbiking”…oh purlease.
    And the Person X stuff? Just a column of 4’s from me Im afraid. How would I know how effective Person X is when their missus is a bit grumpy?

So 4/10 points for the survey from me there. Not a good one. And we’ve had a few good ones lately.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor Activities Research – Participants Needed’ is closed to new replies.