Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Outcasts on Beeb 1
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anyone giving at a whirl?

I’m a little dubious after the televisual excrement that was The Deep.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m in.

Will the beeb disappoint yet again….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, giving it a go. Was comprehensively slated in the press at the weekend, but not much else on

Hmm, starts with a boss eyed woman. Not promising

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve given up already. What a load of old plop

dobo
    Free Member

struggling with this, is it just me?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yeah I switched over after 30 mins. Very wooden B-movie without the charm.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

No idea what’s going on and to be honest don’t care either

Women are a bit rough too, so don’t think I will bother much longer

DrDomRob
    Free Member

So far not good.

Lots of over acting combined with awful acting, combined with apparently boring characters and a wierd story line.

Anyone else think the HD cameras have taken away from some of the shots rather than improving them? I can’t work it out but there is something odd about some of the shots.

Cougar

I’m quite enjoying it in a “zomg new ensemble show WTF is going on?” sort of way.

showerman
    Free Member

still watching but have know idea whats going on

dobo
    Free Member

its kinda like a bad episode of casualty but with no aliens poping out of any ones chest yet.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Frankly: it’s a bit dull. I hope tomorrows is a bit faster moving…

LittleTones
    Free Member

Thanks for the ongoing reviews. I had intended to watch, I don’t think l will bother now………

dobo
    Free Member

did they just kill the only half interesting character?

terrahawk
    Free Member

it’s definitely the future – her gun is painted orange.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not so much disappointed as worst suspicions confirmed.

it’s a bag of shite.

allthepies
    Free Member

OK, gash is the ‘pies verdict.

steelfan
    Free Member

My gf has just seen the end, and the guy from Ugly Betty is gonna be in it, now she’s hooked!!

DezB
    Free Member

certainly don’t believe in pulling you in with an interesting start do they?
    Gave up after 10 mins and watched Bruce Parry recorded from the other day.

Nick

A cross between Space 1999 and Survivors, both were pretty bad, so why they thought combining them would work I’ve no idea.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Will give it a few more episodes before deciding but it is questionable.. Not sure killing Mitchell was the way forward..

spacemonkey

Sack of shit. End of.

jvh
    Free Member

Maybe he’s not dead? Zombies in space?? 😉 We don’t know who the outcasts are yet. The trailer suggested a lot more action next episode.. but we’ll see. Will the trailer be the best bit?

Del

it looked like adama Mitchell lives anyway. it’s new sci-fi. worth giving it a chance imo.

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t you think that there would be a lot less bother if they hadn’t GIVEN EVERYBODY A GUN[/u]?

In Armageddon the moon buggy for some reason was fitted with a machine gun … and there was bother.

In the Wild West lots of people had guns… and there was bother.

Just a thought. 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think they spent the entire budget on the (quite frankly pointless) shots of the space ship and had none left for, let’s say, script-writers.

Stuey01
    Free Member

err, as far as I could tell the Army had guns, and the Police were experimenting with not carrying guns, which seems reasonable. Who else was armed to the teeth?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I can never work out why in most sci-fi no matter when in the future its set they are still using automatic weapons with bullets

Starship Troopers for instance, takes about five magazines worth to kill off a bug and Aliens is no better, where are the ray guns?

The planets they go to are always shitty too, loads of dust and extreme heat or cold etc, couldn’t these people ever find a nice one for a change

Harry_the_Spider

Why did the army have guns? Who were they going to fight apart from each other?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why did the army have guns? Who were they going to fight apart from each other?

I assume because they went to a previously unknown planet and they were responsible for checking out its safety?

Harry_the_Spider

From what?

Give them tazers if there is a risk of being eaten by a giant moth or something.

ARGHH IT’S ON HIS BACK.

SHOOT IT 30 TIMES!

roger_mellie

Bag of spanners. Terrible dialogue. Some pretty awful acting too.
    Oh but next week there’s spooky people wot live in the woods. Wow.
    Wasted opportunity.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Oh but next week there’s spooky people wot live in the woods.

Lost

The Others

There is even a character with the same (quite unusual) name as a main character from Lost – Linus.

Harry_the_Spider

There was line when Adama/Mitchell said he would do anything to protect his boy. Surely not giving him a stupid name would be a good starting point.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Pound to a pinch who reckons another ship from Earth will turn up at some crucial moment?

DezB
    Free Member

I can never work out why in most sci-fi no matter when in the future its set they are still using automatic weapons with bullets

Not in Star Wars mate! They have swords! Swords what go BRRMMMM!

Harry_the_Spider

Light Swords are from a more civilized age. Blasters are clumsy and random. Apparently.

CaptJon
    Free Member

TV production companies should be banned from doing post-apocolyptic/dystopain stories.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not in Star Wars mate! They have swords! Swords what go BRRMMMM!

sci-fi no matter when in the future its set

A LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy far, far away…

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, I should pay more attention to kid’s films 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Outcasts on Beeb 1’ is closed to new replies.