Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • 'out of the ordinary' cars?
  • spectabilis
    Free Member

spectabilis – needs some heavier HDR in your pics

Haha yes shite weather needed to bump them up a bit…

LHS
    Free Member

I quite fancy a VX220 Turbo

I had a VX220 turbo a good few years ago. Complete hoot of a car however watch the torque / turbo spool up mid-corner – it can catch you out.

This is our “little different” car at the moment

jamesfts
    Free Member

Another vote for Alfa – get a 159, arguably the best looking estate money can buy. They do a 3.2 4×4 version too if you can find one!

Saying that having owned Alfas for years I have just bought a petrol Octavia VRS estate. As much as I don’t like that every other car on the road being another Octavia, if I’d have bought a 159 it would have to have been the 1.9 jtd which, even with a remap, just felt a bit dull.

Or, failing that stick with something sensible for day to day driving and get something fun for the weekend?

Genuine question for Tree-Magnet, what do you do with your left foot in the Giulietta?

lilchris
    Free Member

I quite fancy a VX220 Turbo

Got one myself, along with an Audi A2.

Ugly? Weird? Quirky?
    Certainly different.

hora
    Free Member

The winner is

stumpy01

Depends on what you mean by ‘out of the ordinary’….

But, there’s the BMW i3 or i8, Nissan Leaf, Renault Twizzy, Toyota Prius if you want to go all eco. The i3 looks great, as does the i8, but I think that’s quite a lot of cash.

Then there’s cars like the new Bettle, which looks like a much better effort than the previous attempt at VW re-doing the original.

There’s the ‘customisable’ end of things like the Citroen DS3, Vauxhall Adam and perhaps BMW Mini, which you can make your own with hundreds of options.

Struggling to think of that many ‘out of the ordinary’ modern cars because I don’t think they are worth doing for the car companies. They just don’e sell in big enough numbers….
    Look at the Renault Avantime or the Vel Satis. I think they sold less than 100 of each in the UK; perhas not even 10 of each judging by how many you see on the roads.
    Same with the Citroen C6. Lovely looking car, but not your typical exec-barge so didn’t really get a look in. I’d love one.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Spectabilis – Stance isn’t unusual, it’s overplayed and just about every modified car these days seems to be another piece of scene trash. I hate to think how much damage is being done to a lot of otherwise respectable cars by sitting so low and wide.

You want unusual? How about a Vel Satis or Avantime? Ugly as sin but definitely different. Old Jap kei cars and Nissan micra rebodies (Fifaro and it’s 3 siblings) are worth a look but early-mid 90’s might not be as safe as you’re looking for. Good luck finding an Autozam as well!

spectabilis
    Free Member

Haha ok I know what you mean.. My journey to work is just littered with type 3’s….
    Anyway each to their own enjoy your Vel Satis

back2basics
    Free Member

Had one of these myself – slight turbo tweeks and zaust…

I loved the interior turbo gauge – a sequence of led lights from green to red….just like Knight Rider 🙂
    Interior

trail_rat
    Free Member

im with squirelking.

those cars must be horrendous to drive – and must rip through tires.

looks good stationary though – esp on the bug….

gimmie the baja anyday.

k-sugden
    Free Member

+1 for the Yeti here’s ours in relaxed holiday mode

Practical and fun

pjt201
    Free Member

I’ve got an Audi A2, does that count?

(not mine, from the Audi website – which is weird as it doesn’t have the right alloys…)

unknown
    Free Member

I think a picture of a Skoda yeti towing a caravan and taking up 3 parking spaces captioned ‘practical and fun’ may just be the most depressing thing I’ve ever seen! 😀

mrchrispy

I like the A2, was after one a while back.
    In a yeti now….doing my bit to lower the average owners age….deffo a codger mobile

spectabilis
    Free Member

unknown – Member
    I think a picture of a Skoda yeti towing a caravan and taking up 3 parking spaces captioned ‘practical and fun’ may just be the most depressing thing I’ve ever seen!

Bang on

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A2 could be a design classic in the making.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Tempo Matador..?

stuey
    Free Member

In 1977 you could of had a …

trail_rat
    Free Member

Why are we suggesting old cars.

Ever driven any of these old cars… Ive driven quite a few…fun in their own way…would i daily drive them….poke that.

sadexpunk

i just wish there was a ‘singular sam’ or ‘cy cotic’ of the car world who could make a brumbrum as lovely as their bikes :-/

EDIT: add a ‘jonestown stooge’ to those two 🙂

spectabilis
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    Why are we suggesting old cars.
    Ever driven any of these old cars… Ive driven quite a few…fun in their own way…would i daily drive them….poke that.

Same reason there are threads on here about rigid steel singlespeeds aswell as carbon fibre full suss with electronic suspension… Less is more to some.. Ent it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Just to continue my “probably not what the OP was after” run

What about an XM?

Edit, those pics of the Yeti are so large I had to turn on image compression on my phone to stop it crashing the browser…

iamroughrider
    Free Member

spectabilis – love all of those. thanks.

ctk
    Free Member

I saw a car that looked like an estate version of a Nissan Figaro. Anyone got an idea as to what it actually was?

andyl
    Free Member

Was it a Nissan Pao?

sadexpunk

hmmmm…… thanks to the posts above ^^^ i did a double take when i saw my mates got an alfa romeo 159 outside his house. 1.9 diesel, black, 07 plate, looks lovely. told me its worth around £4,500. my 57 octavia laurin and klement is maybe worth a bit more than that. he said he may sell shortly…..

would i be stupid to consider a swap on looks alone? reviews suggest poorer economy, resale value, rear passenger space, boot space and probably dearer parts. am i going through a midlife crisis? 😀

unovolo
    Free Member

Morgan 3 Wheeler

Other than being different and fun to drive does not fit your criteria in any way.

I would have one in a heartbeat!

trail_rat
    Free Member

subaru sambar ……if your a japanese milkman.

surely your not bored of your octavia – thats heresay on here !

ctk
    Free Member

Was it a Nissan Pao?

Yes it was thankyou! 🙂

Skoda Yeti is hardly out of the ordinary is it?

MrGrim

We have a Giulietta as a follow up to our 147.

Tree-Magnet – How is the Giulietta for bikes? Can the back seats fold down pretty flat? I’m going to see a 2011 2.0 JTDM-2 (170) on Saturday. What’s it like to live with?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

new Panda Cross?

rogg
    Free Member

m0rk wins thread. Freetracks are ace. Cheap, fast and they actually handle despite weighing a ton and a half and having jacked up suspension. The only thing I don’t like about mine is the fuel consumption, 28mpg average.
    They are bloody ugly though, that rear three quarter view is actually as good as it gets.

trevron73
    Free Member

I just bought a Panda 4×4 its proper cool for nipping to town or bounding up the farm ,

tree-magnet
    Free Member

We have a Giulietta as a follow up to our 147.

Tree-Magnet – How is the Giulietta for bikes? Can the back seats fold down pretty flat? I’m going to see a 2011 2.0 JTDM-2 (170) on Saturday. What’s it like to live with?

I can fit my Ibis Mojo in with the front wheel off. Seats don’t fold flat as the seat itself doesn’t flip forward, but it’s not been an issue for me. I’ve got the 1.4 170bhp petrol and it’s a lovely motor. I had a 1.9 JTDM in the 147 and loved it. I thought I’d never go back to a petrol after that but the 1.4 is even better imo. As a car it’s just as easy to live with as a focus, but as per the OP, it’s a bit different from all the rest on the road.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think a picture of a Skoda yeti towing a caravan and taking up 3 parking spaces captioned ‘practical and fun’ may just be the most depressing thing I’ve ever seen!

Shots fired!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Any excuse to post mine up

Normal SLK? check again, Kleeman S8 putting out 585BHP but still retruning 37mpg on the motorway

Also if you look in the background of the first picture you can see a BMW 2.8 Z3 which became this

MrOvershoot

WCA that Merc is Epic even has the Working From Home plate 😉

MrGrim

tree-magnet – Member
    I can fit my Ibis Mojo in with the front wheel off. Seats don’t fold flat as the seat itself doesn’t flip forward, but it’s not been an issue for me. I’ve got the 1.4 170bhp petrol and it’s a lovely motor. I had a 1.9 JTDM in the 147 and loved it. I thought I’d never go back to a petrol after that but the 1.4 is even better imo. As a car it’s just as easy to live with as a focus, but as per the OP, it’s a bit different from all the rest on the road.

Thanks for that. I’m doing 20k + miles a year in it, so thought the JTDM might be the best bet. Time will tell. Went to view and test drive today. Really nice car and got it for a great price. Pick it up later in the week.

Not this one, but pretty much identical:

Defender
    Free Member

+1 for the Panda Cross and Citroen Cactus.
    -1 for the new Beetle, looks like a dog either having a dump or doing the itchy b*m shuffle!
    The G wagon is different, but very expensive, what about a Defender? but then I would say that wouldn’t I!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

That Z3 is horrific. Cars modified to look a bit like classics are the lowest of the low.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘'out of the ordinary' cars?’ is closed to new replies.