Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • out of date SIS
  • Travis

Would you still use it?

billybob
    Free Member

is it powder?

My energy drink went out in April 2008…not done me any harm

aracer
    Free Member

No. The date on the tub is very important – it's what they've scientifically determined is the exact point at which the powder breaks down into its constituent chemicals. This results in your body thinking it's getting a sugar spike without you actually getting any calories from the drink, thus releasing lots of insulin and giving you a blood sugar low – in other words exactly the opposite effect than if you'd used it a couple of days earlier before passing this critical date.

jasonm945
    Free Member

No. The date on the tub is very important – it's what they've scientifically determined is the exact point at which the powder breaks down into its constituent chemicals. This results in your body thinking it's getting a sugar spike without you actually getting any calories from the drink, thus releasing lots of insulin and giving you a blood sugar low – in other words exactly the opposite effect than if you'd used it a couple of days earlier before passing this critical date.

Is this serious, or am I just not clever enough to understand that you're TTP…

Jay

allthepies
    Free Member

whoooosh!

Travis

Gells and Powders

AndyP
    Free Member

as with anything else with a use-by date, it'll be absolutely fine.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Despite them being waaaaaay past their use-by dates I've used Shimano Indexed System components years and years after buying them.

mrmo
    Free Member

been using some Torq gels i found, the date was late '07 i seem to remember, the date had rubbed off not dead yet, but considering the state of my camelbak's tube i might have a reasonable resistance to dodgy food.

mbs2010
    Free Member

Been using out off date SIS GO to get me going and still going g g g!.

Travis

I'll try them then, just don't ride behind me 😀

Jenga
    Free Member

My wife made an apple crumble last week. First time for ages. Made some custard to go with it. Only after I'd eaten it did she mention that the use by date on the custard was July 1995. I'm still here – just.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘out of date SIS’ is closed to new replies.