Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Out of date lager – to drink, or not to drink…
  • waynekerr
    Free Member

What would you have done, if it was years ago before they used to put dates on things? you would have drunk them & not gave it a second thought, a few months is nothing.

jond
    Free Member

>Sofatester . – Load of old shite. The rumour anout JDW buying short dated stock. Stop and think about it. Why make something with a years shelf life, pay for the ingrediants, package it, store it, wait 9 months then sell it cheap to JDW. Its a load of balls.

Most of what JDW sell (at least in number of pumps, if not volume) is real ale rather than the nitrogenated stuff that'll keep for ages. I dunno how accurate the short-dated claim really is, but it's probably gonna be more relevant to real ale than lager, etc.

Basically…pop one open, if that's ok then the rest probably will be ok
    Probably a year or two over the mark for Guniness and lager and you won't notice…

>Metallic taste leaching from teh can over time
    IMO Guiness always tastes like that to one degree or another…

davidrussell
    Free Member

you could always dilute it with lemonade if you're scared.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

OK, time to report back. I thought I'd test one by palming it off on my good lady. It fizzed violently and she said it 'tasted funny'.

So I drank 6 can of Stella instead, and this morning, I have very loose stools.

I might start drinking them when I just fancy a cheeky single beer. Necking 8 of them in one go isn't going to be a good idea.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Forked Souls – are you of a nervous disposition ?

Why don't you just bin them, pop down to your supermarket, and by some fresh cans ……….go crazy and sod the expense.

You are clearly very uncomfortable about drinking them.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I can tell you're not a drinker Ernest. It's nothing to do with the cost, it would be sacrilege to pour away lager, no matter how cheap, nasty or out of date it might be…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In that case Forked Souls, I don't understand why you're not getting the stuff down you.

Are you scared ?

glenh
    Free Member

Of course it's fizzy and tastes 'funny' – it's lager!

Come on man, drink drink drink

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I was hoping to get 3 or 4 cans down my SO's neck so I could assess the results this morning, but the plan fell at the first hurdle and now I'm 3 Stellas and a large Bombay Sapphire and tonic out of pocket and still none the wiser!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Out of date lager – to drink, or not to drink…’ is closed to new replies.