Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • out of date gels gonna kill me?
  • richie_boy2
    Free Member

yep i know that there are those that say even the in date ones will kill you too, but just found a bunch of 12 month old gels at the back of my cupboard. Was thinking about using the at Enduro 6 tomorrow. Credit cruch on and all that?

brant
    Free Member

Highly unlikely you’ll have any problems.

richie_boy2
    Free Member

thats reassuring brant

richie_boy2
    Free Member

oh and just discovered a half full tub of torq expiring last october…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve been using a box of June ’08 ones I found in the back of my cupboard and they haven’t killed me yet* they’re only mainly suger after all.

*DISCLAIMER blazin saddles has recieved no formal medical training, use at own risk.

richie_boy2
    Free Member

I’ve just googled “out of date go gel kills man” and didnt get any hits….lets do this thing!

akira

If he doesn’t post again do we assume the worst?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

They got so much sugar in them, its unlikely they will ever go off

snowslave

I’m sure your hair will look lovely even with old gel darling

vdubber67
    Free Member

my colleague regualarly uses out of date ones that he gets for a quid a BOX from his local greengrocers (who appear to buy ANYTHING from the cash n carry)

Consistency gets a bit thick though… 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

Is it a ‘best before’ or ‘use by’ date?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

they won’t kill you, but it’s likely they’ll make you prefer same sex relationships.

RealMan
    Free Member

used a gel that had an expiration date of april 05 last weekend. still alive. didnt taste too good, but they never do..

muenchen1
    Free Member

Also have out of date Torq energy drink powder but after asking somone who knows about that sort of stuff the view was that providing it’s been kept in the appropriate (dry)conditions it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve not notived any difference pre or post expiry.

beej

Pretty sure Matt from Torq told me that the stuff he sells will generally be fine after the best before, as there is so little fat there isn’t much to actually go off.

mrmo
    Free Member

honey lasts for years, gels are like honey, therefore gels last years.

mrmo
    Free Member

honey lasts for years, gels are like honey, therefore gels last years.

bassspine
    Free Member

wallpaper paste lasts for years…. 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

It wont be the gels that expire you Richieboy it will be your raceready fitness,

“snigger”

crazy-legs

I had some Lucozade-branded dextrose energy tablets on a ride the other week, the best before on them was Aug 2006! They were fine…

spooky_b329

Used up some Zym and Nuun tabs the other day. The Zym tablets were fine but the Nuun had turned much darker and looked blotchy, and they were jammed in the tube! Both kept in the same cupboard, maybe the lid on the Nuun pack isnt as good at sealing the tube?

stratobiker
    Free Member

I had a PSP gel with Apr 2006 on it on Wednesday.

I have a stinking cold now! Dunno if it’s related.

SB 😆

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I had an out of date gel once, and it coincided with the earthquake in India.

don’t do it. You will kill people.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘out of date gels gonna kill me?’ is closed to new replies.