Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • out front garmin mounts
  • MSP

Anyone had problems with cheap ones of ebay? Or have any recommendations for other sources?

I don’t fancy aluminium ones I want something that will twist and break rather than damaging the garmin in a crash.

tomhoward

Cycling plus have them in a group test this month, the SRAM one was the winner, about £16 iirc.

MSP

16 quids a hell of a lot of money for a small piece of moulded plastic.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I put the sram one on my road bike at the weekend, works nicely

grim168
    Free Member

I got the superstar one on my road bike and its great for the money. I wouldn’t go out front on the mtb though.

erny
    Free Member

I’ve been using the SRAM one for a couple of months and it works really well, I got mine from wiggle bug I can’t remember how much I paid

IanW
    Free Member

SRAM paid £13 quid ish bit like speed link pliers, seems like a lot( the other makers are in lala land) until you have one.

Phil_H
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    16 quids a hell of a lot of money for a small piece of moulded plastic.

🙄
    Best get making one then…

Got the SRAM one works fine.

I wouldn’t go out front on the mtb though.

I did, short stem and the taper on the bars means I can’t keep it in the right placce, sits just in front of the stem and slightly above, not sure what mega disaster I’m tempting here.

radoggair
    Free Member

ride my mtb and 2 road bikes with an out front

have a superstar and 2 k-edge. K-edge a bit more expensive but both do the job

MSP

Best get making one then

Want to buy some magic beans?

I like that one bigrich, but again it is bloody expensive.

Found identical ones to the sram unbadged on ebay for 8 quid each.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not really but just get setup and see how much you can churn them out for, in the time it takes to decide the 16 quid one is a bit pricey and scour the internet for a cheap one it was probably worth just getting the SRAM one. If you happen to have a spare plastic moulding facility or 3d Printing setup lying round just make one.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Sram £13 from wiggle

pointing forwards or backwards, whatever suits

monkeychild
    Free Member

The SRAM on is really good. I’m gutted I had to sell mine, but it wouldn’t fit my 310XT (fits at a different angle for some weird reason?)

h4muf
    Free Member

Had a moment on my BFe coming down Snowden,my 800 went flying out of my sram one! 5 mins looking for it! :O
    Now I just reverse the mount and it fits above the stem cap.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘out front garmin mounts’ is closed to new replies.