Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Our kids are growing up. A little bit sad content.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So dearest daughter been doing her own thing for a while as she’s 14, netball team on a Friday night, etc etc. But today laddo who’s 11 went down the park with his mate, chuffed dad as he said I’m only going if I can take my bike but bloody he’ll mrs ws and I had 90 mins on our own and felt, well, just a little bit lost.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation, the dog is wiping it’s arse on your pillow.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Funny you should say that but the bastard dog has just been shouted upstairs by the tribe and I can almost guarantee where he’ll be!

Edukator
    Free Member

90 minutes with no kids and felt lost? Might I suggest kicking the dog out of your bed and using it for the two activities you bought it for.

Edit: the bed not the dog.

MoreCashThanDash

mrs ws and I had 90 mins on our own and felt, well, just a little bit lost.

Surely you could have come up with something in 90 minutes? 8)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Surely you could have come up with something in 90 minutes?

halcyon days of the euro group stage are behind us

wrightyson
    Free Member

I used 12 of the 90 minutes for the correct purpose.

jamj1974

12 minutes? 12! That’s stamina! We didn’t want you to do it 6 times.

derek_starship
    Free Member

LOTS of couples split up when the kids fledge. It’s the moment they realise they have nothing at all in common anymore. That’s nature for you. I’ve got a sweep on a few couples I know…

PS – no offspring in this camp.

binners

Take up dogging

boxelder

Thanks for that Derek.

mogrim

Lost? It’s ******* ace! Eldest (16) has a travelcard and disappears with her mates to Madrid for hours and hours, youngest will head off for a couple at most… Bliss. Only a few more years and we’ll be rid of both of them!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Best thing that ever happenned to us. Bit different as my wife’s son isn’t mine (durr) but when he went to his own pad at the grand age of 26 we both said, ‘halle, fooking, looya!’

Trekster

Mine are 33 & 36
    We now have a motorhome for weekend pleasures 😉

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Best thing that ever happenned to us. Bit different as my wife’s son isn’t mine (durr) but when he went to his own pad at the grand age of 26 we both said, ‘halle, fooking, looya!’

My son is in a similar situation, unfortunately said son of dil got his girlfriend pregers….. He’s now a grandfather!!!!!!!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@ Trekster, & we can feel a caravan coming on!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Had a lump in my throat teaching our youngest to ride her bike today knowing it will be the the last time I get to do it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its only going to get worse (/better). IMO best thing you can do as a parent is to riase independent children, to get out and grasp life but know you’ll always be there if they need you.

Time to get organised for some date nights OP and doing a few things you want to do.

@Trekster congrats you may have the oldest kids on here, maybe we need a thread (mine are 22, 25, 27)

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Daughters 16 & 14 here. Wife and I started doing stuff together again after a 12 year break and I was a bit worried that we wouldn’t still have anything in common. All good, we often go out for a local pub crawl together and bring the girls back a takeaway. Just got back from a few days in Barcelona together.

I do miss having young kids though (pain in the arse though it is) and when the time comes that they move out I know I’ll be in pieces.

jamj1974

I do miss having young kids though (pain in the arse though it is) and when the time comes that they move out I know I’ll be in pieces.

Ditto…

MoreCashThanDash

My eldest is 13 today. Time had gone so quick but so incredibly proud of him, the friends be chooses and the stuff he’s achieved already.

It’ll all go to hell in a handcart in the next few years. And then it’ll be his sister’s turn…..

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Last of my four kids turned 18 last week and is off to uni in September(yee Haa) then eldest son who lives in York getsgets a job working for Zyro in Darlington so wants somewhere to stop for a “few” months while he and his girlfriend buy a house…. then eldest returns from NZ in November so it looks like we will have all four + two girlfriends over Xmas- think the missus might just spontaneously combust, I shall blot it all out with alchol

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Our kids are growing up. A little bit sad content.’ is closed to new replies.