Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ouch , my calf hurts!
  • FOG

Did a big ride today, well for me, 45milesish. My legs feel like chewed string which I expected, but also a seriously painful left calf which I didn’t . This has never happened before so I wonder if anyone has a theory on cause and how to avoid it in future?
    Why only one leg? I don’t seem to favour left or right so I am puzzled!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Muscle pain after a big ride shocker…

If it’s still sore in a week worry.

nickc

google DOMS

scruff9252

get yourself on a foam roller and massage it out. If you don’t have a roller, buy one now.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Dont do that.

mendippete
    Free Member

I have just torn my calf muscle and its been very painful for two weeks hobbling around on crutches and a further two weeks off the bike to come.
    I had been to Scotland to ride at g]Glentresss, 3800M of climbing and 27 HRs driving over 5 days which resulted in my right calf swelling up and I dint stretch it out so it went pop!!!
    I will defiantly get a foam roller and remember to stretch.

andyv
    Free Member

Removed, wine talking!

dannyh
    Free Member

Horse fly bite?

adsh
    Free Member

Just take care it’s not a deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Much more likely to be a calf strain but google the symptoms of DVT and keep an eye on it.

Assuming it’s a calf strain then rest, stretching and later on gentle massage.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

My calves were tight and I had a sports massage last week and I couldn’t believe the amount of pain she got out of my calves.

I had trouble walking for a couple of days.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ouch , my calf hurts!’ is closed to new replies.