Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Ouch… damaged car on company property! Help
  • project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wY-hvMC44&feature=related[/video]

bollards and a barrier
    http://www.break.com/index/terrible-towing-failure.html

cynic-al
    Free Member

You parked the car? Was the bollard up when you did so? Maybe a chance if not.

If someone else parked it, I can sympathize a bit, but you’re prob ****ed

mugsys_m8

Thing is, what you need is a high horse. That way you would see the bollard, and the horse would probably naturally steer clear of hitting it anyway. Failing that you could just sell it as glue when said horse impales itself on the bollard.

You want a high horse you say? You should find one easily enough. Plenty of them around here. 🙄

boblo
    Free Member

mugsys_m8 – Member

You want a high hose you say? You should find one easily enough. Plenty of them around here.

Well there are no high hoses round our way, there’s a hose ban that came in just before it started raining continuously for the past fortnight.

I recon the OP’s got a claim as the bollard is a bit grey and is difficult to see against the grey ‘parking lot’ (did this take place in America?) specially if driving around with eyes closed…

mugsys_m8

Good Point well presented Mr.boblo. Edited.

dlongman
    Free Member

Brilliant, this post has made me really chuckle, you are all really harsh but, as someone earlier said, fair 🙂

If it helps ask1974 (and I’m sure it will make some people smile), I did sort of the same thing a few years ago, only it was in my wife to be’s car and the bollard was just outside the garage where I was picking up the car from a week of body work repair! That was a bit embarrassing when I got home, I never thought of complaining to the garage though.

proteus
    Free Member

Surely you can’t even begin to judge someone by what type of car they have!
    Snigger! You reckon?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well I know you can, but you shouldn’t.

donsimon
    Free Member

IMO the bollard should have been dropped or clearly identified.

It looks a good a bollard as I’ve ever seen, doesn’t come much more clearly identified than that.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Agrees with everyone else – you can’t drive into something then blame someone else.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Looks like you must have driven past it to get to the spaces in the first place… You should pay more attention.

ask1974
    Free Member

I appreciate the fun this is for everyone… But I’ve been using this garage for years and (for dlongman’s benefit) these bollards are never deployed (or at least I’ve never seen them used) when the show room is open. The one in question is not a fixed device. I’ve parked there probably twenty times and didn’t even know the bollards existed. Small point I conceded but…

sweepy
    Free Member

Those ‘flick bollards’ in the video are a bit harsh tho!

Tom-B
    Free Member

It’s threads like this where tagging is sorely missed 🙂

ask1974
    Free Member

GSP1984 that’s a typical incorrect assumption. My car had been in the garage over night and I approached it from the right rear. I didn’t park it and I pulled out of a parking space into something that would not normally be there. I was even with a member of staff and they could have said “hey, be careful of the bollard we we can’t drop”. OK I could have walked the perimeter before getting in the car but when was the last time you did that?

higgo
    Free Member

higgo
    Free Member

project
    Free Member

This is turning into a load of Bollards,

I do like the picture of the Bollard with a cone on the top, like its got added protection.

ask1974
    Free Member

Very good… Seems that way!

djglover
    Free Member

Could have been a childs face

Can that be abbreviated to

CHBACF FTW/

donsimon
    Free Member

[Roy Walker]Say what you see.[/Roy Walker]

higgo
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I appreciate the fun this is for everyone… But I’ve been using this garage for years and (for dlongman’s benefit) these bollards are never deployed (or at least I’ve never seen them used) when the show room is open. The one in question is not a fixed device. I’ve parked there probably twenty times and didn’t even know the bollards existed. Small point I conceded but…

So you didn’t *actually* check – you just assumed? Serves you right for not concentrating.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I once ran a shop that had gated access to the car park to stop yoofs donutting in the car park, it was two barriers with a removable post in the middle that they locked to, one winter I unlocked the barriers and secured them back but the post wouldnt lift out as it was frozen in its socket( 5 inch square steel jobbie) so I went back in the store and boiled the kettle to defrost it , when I returned there was a car wrapped around it
    Oops
    Got away with it as the post had reflective yellow markings and it was bright red
    Made a mess of his car though.

Back on topic I think you may have a case as they are not brightly painted and no signs up

Jamie
    Free Member

Mystery solved.

druidh
    Free Member

Tooooooooooo much time on your hands.

* giggles *

Cougar

I’ve done it.

Bollard in a supermarket at night, helpfully painted black and 6″ shorter than it needed to be in order to be visible. Stupid design, really easy to do, and bloody annoying.

Still my fault though. Sorry.

Tom-B
    Free Member

lol @ jamie! 😆

mrchrispy

/highfives Jamie

😀

zokes
    Free Member

Amazing!

konabunny
    Free Member

FFFFFFFffffuuuu…nightmare, OP.

atlaz
    Free Member

I drove into a pillar in a car park once. I reversed out of the space and parked somewhere else and then didn’t tell anyone about it for some time.

jota180
    Free Member

I can see why you didn’t see it or even expect anything there and not many of us do a full 360 inspection before driving off so I’m sure many more of us would have done the same
    but you are still to blame here

Maybe mention to them that in hindsight they could have put the cone there earlier and see if the garage will fix the damage at cost?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Bollard in a supermarket at night, helpfully painted black and 6″ shorter than it needed to be in order to be visible. Stupid design, really easy to do, and bloody annoying.

Me too , reversed straight into one at sainsburys – had no idea it was there. Made a right mess of my car, took it on the chin

CHB

I did a similar thing at Cadbury world about 10 years ago, reversed out of a bay into a low rise bollard. I always take it steady in car parks though, so even though it was a tin foil fiesta, it only ,ade a slight mark in the bumper.

matt_outandabout

lol’ge at Jamie!

njee20
    Free Member

Jamie and Higgo deserve awards for excellent contributions!

higgo
    Free Member

Jamie wins it by some considerable margin.
    I am flattered to have been considered.

forge197
    Free Member

How did I miss this could have done with this thread last night after doing an HMRC return and accounts stuff 😀

I did similar on neighbours wall when we had the campervan, annoying but had to repair wall and van 🙂 out of drive turn left just a bit tight and wall van interface 🙁

Feel for op but think it will be your fault to deal, as it looks like a Toyota dealer maybe they will do a deal on the repair, good luck.

Muke
    Free Member

Returned later and it had a nice big cone on it to warn other customers

that it could no longer be retracted fully into the ground because someone had driven into it whilst it was raised and damaged it !

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Ouch… damaged car on company property! Help’ is closed to new replies.