Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Other routes around Lady Cannings
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Going to be visiting this small trail centre in a couple of weeks and looking for another few miles of natural trails in and around the local area.
    Any one know any?

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Lady Cannings is not a trail centre, just 2 (very fun) downhill trails and a fire road back to the top.

It is however on the edge of the Peak District so as much natural as you could ever want. How long do you want to be riding?

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Just two blue routes, can have a spin down to the fox house and loop a few cheeky bits in.

But nothing I could put together without doing more road than I wanted to.

jonny-m
    Free Member

about 2 hours ish, maybe an out and back loop from there…?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Have a look for Stange loop or Blackamoor, there was another thread recently. No need for excessive road nor cheeky trails, the BWs are all good. Did this one last week:

christhetall
    Free Member

I think this is what you are looking forVG Sheffield

There’s loads of good trails around there without the need to spend too long on the roads or go in search of the cheeky stuff

My advice would be do LC a couple of times, go to the gate at the top, turn left and go down Jumble Lane to join the road. Turn right and 5 mins of road brings you to the top of Devil Elbow. Ride back up and over Houndkirk to get back to LC

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

https://www.strava.com/activities/1009768773

This lap takes in LC’s, Stanage and Blacka moor and if you miss out the bit through the Longshaw Estate (carry on up the road at the Foxhouse) should be 2ish hours.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Other routes around Lady Cannings’ is closed to new replies.