Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Other halfs charity bike ride
  • sm2013
    Free Member

Hi. Brand new on here.
    Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction please.
    My other half is doing a bike ride for charity in September.
    He’s going around all the football stadiums in the northwest.
    Anyway, just wondering if someone could tell me ways to get a few pennies for him, if there are any pages out there to put his go fund me page on?
    He thinks I don’t give one so trying to prove that I do.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hope this is allowed by the way?!
    S

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hi,
    I could be wrong, but I think there are two main angles to this (ok maybe a third)

1) People are likely to sponsor people they know, due to friendship/family ties etc. (it’s unlikely he’s score highly on this one with STW audience)
    2) People are more likely to sponsor people if they think it’s a really good cause. But you’ll have to make a good case.
    3) Some people might be motivated to sponsor him if what he’s doing is especially difficult or challenging (in their opinion). You could give us more detail on what he’s up to, but the response from readers may not be that huge.

HTH

njee20
    Free Member

Facebook, Twitter etc.

As above, appealing for sponsorship from a load of people he doesn’t know isn’t likely to yield all that much, but a bit of detail won’t hurt, if that’s what you’re going for…?

stumpy01

I did a charity bike ride for Mencap years ago.

To raise funds, I did:

Cake and coffee mornings at work.
    Writing begging letters to tons of companies.
    Asking local companies for sponsorship
    Video race night at a local pub
    Charity tin in the same local pub
    Car washing at work in my lunch hour
    Friends and family donations

It was far from easier, although in the end I think I got to a total of over £2400.

sm2013
    Free Member

Thank you.
    I did wonder it was just people you know kind of thing.
    He has heard back from some stadiums and they are giving him tickets etc to auction off. Just wanted to do something else for him.
    It’s for the prince’s trust. His work do a lot for there charity.
    Anyway thanks. Will look at that coffee and cake mornings for definite.

Garry_Lager

Speedo Mick raised a lot of money last season from just attending Everton games in his swimming trunks. .
    That’s a bit of an outlying example, as he was covered a lot in the national press, think he raised 50 grand – point is that a bit of personality and human interest counts for a lot in getting people to put their hand in their pocket. It’s unlikely that the bike ride on its own would get strangers involved in sponsorship, unless he’s doing it standing on his head.

mikey74
    Free Member

Set up a Justgiving page and send the link around to everyone you know via email and social media:

Just Giving

You can also add the link to your email signature, if you want to be a bit more subtle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Other halfs charity bike ride’ is closed to new replies.