Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Other half just walked out
  • Autoelec
    Free Member

I'm not one for posting on here very often but as the title says i'm in quite a bad place right now. My mates are close which is good. One thing is playing on my mind, the wealth of STW knowledge i know can help. Bacic position, GF was looking for commitment, I didn't give it, I know realise what I have done! How do you recover the situation??? I'm stuck.

clubber
    Free Member

Didn't give it or didn't/don't want to give it?

mboy
    Free Member

Ask yourself what you REALLY want (not just think you want in an emotional state on a Saturday night), then go out and get it!

Sorry to sound simplistic, but that's the way it is… Spend a little time deciding what's right for you, then do what you need to do to make it happen. If that's getting back with this girl, then it's probably going to involve some grovelling, but that's life! 😉

Wookster

depends do you want to commit?? If so its grovel time or explain that you really didnt understand how much she really ment to you ( which its clear she still does) I did this with a girl once were apart three months or so..now married with two kids!!! 😆

or get lashed buy bike bits and hit the trails…. 😈

Autoelec
    Free Member

Engaugement or to me commitment never realy ment anything to me, but now it appears obvious it did to someone else. I was quite happy where I was, this is my down fall. I think I know what I need to do, but putting it into practice is a different story. Really dont know how to broach the subject.

cinnamon_girl

Talk talk and then talk some more.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

she'll be back

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think I know what I need to do, but putting it into practice is a different story. Really dont know how to broach the subject.

What is it then, that you think you need to do ? If it's to go after her, then just do it.

btw : "GF was looking for commitment" is a pretty fair demand imo.

rOcKeTdOg

if you can't talk to her about it then maybe it's for the best, try letting her know how you feel, Having a partner you can talk to about anything is everything!

Autoelec
    Free Member

How long do you leave it??? It's difficult for me to get my thoughts accross and heard.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Fact is, if you can't give commitment (whatever that was to her, marriage? living together?) to someone, they can't mean that much to you.

You really need to ask yourself – am I upset because "she has gone" or am I upset because "she is gone and that leaves me on my own"?

Some relationships look great on paper/feel great at the time, but if you both have differing ideas regarding long term plans (or lack of them) then it's gonna start falling apart.

You can't always tell when someone is the right person, but you do know when they are not. Guess she realised that waiting around for someone who couldn't give her what she needed meant they weren't the right one.

If you honestly want it to work with her, you're gonna have to put some serious effort in right now, take the plunge and get it sorted. But if the thought of that makes you feel a little empty inside then it's probably better she's gone.

Hope things work out for the best for you both. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You don't leave it any time at all ffs ! ………….just don't do it if you've been drinking.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Oooh maybe monday, did she leave any stuff or did she cart ot all out with her?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Buy her a puppy.

geoffj

Sleep on it. It'll feel different in the morning.

Dylan08
    Free Member

cinnamon-girl gives good advice .. id go for the talking option mate

after a good nights kip! good luck

SST
    Free Member

If you can get past the initial shock, and consider if you REALLY want to make a go of it, it'll be time well spent.

I know it feels so hard at first but its so easy to hate being alone and agree to anything. If you do that and its not what you really want, it won't last.

good luck whatever you decide

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

if you can't give commitment to someone, they can't mean that much to you.

That's not true imo. Sometimes it doesn't occur to a man that a woman wants a commitment, it doesn't mean they don't care though. And anyways, maybe Autoelec is prepared to make one now.

thefettler
    Free Member

Don't knock being single for a while 😉

Autoelec
    Free Member

littlegirlbunny – nail on the head, I have realised what i want. If someone has decided to leave, how do you get them back. I don't want to crowd/hassle her with phone calls & texts but I also don't want her to think I don't care, which I do A LOT.

cinnamon_girl

Phone her. Meet up tomorrow and talk talk talk.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

What does she want from you? Marriage? Or just for you to say 'lets try and make this work long term?

If it's marriage then that's an easy one – you go, get a ring and follow her round on one knee until she puts it on 😉

If it's the latter, then you'll just have to keep trying I'm afraid. If it's gonna work out she'll listen because she must be feeling as bad as you do right now.

How long have you known she wants commitment? A while, or just as she walked out the door?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No don't hassle or crowd her, stay cool – she will be in emotional turmoil herself. But don't leave it too long. Not knowing your circumstances it difficult to know your best options for making contact. But however you do it, make it low key, don't give her heavy emotions, make the meeting light and fun, but also make it clear that you care deeply for her. imho

Autoelec
    Free Member

Littlebunnygirl- marrage, she's hinted for quite a while, my bumd ass didn't do anything about it. What I don't want is the gut wrenching feeling of rejection , if its gone that far. But eight years is a long time.

sharki
    Free Member

I wish i could help but i can barely keep hold of the love of my life as it is..

And that's myself.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What I don't want is the gut wrenching feeling of rejection

which is hardly reason enough to continue, even if it were possible…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you're certain Autoelec, a text message is good as she doesn't have to respond if she doesn't want to – so it doesn't place undue pressure on her. But nothing heavy make her feel that seeing you will be fun. If you want to leave it a while before seeing her, just text that you're missing her or something along those lines so that she knows that you still care. But don't bombard her with stuff, and don't panic – if it's been eight years, then she isn't suddenly going to stop having feelings for you – they are still all there.

Jammy111
    Free Member

time to man up and buy some bling that isnt for your bike, or both maybe :wink:???

Autoelec
    Free Member

littlegirlbunny – sorry for getting your name wrong. I'm crap.

Autoelec
    Free Member

steve_b77 – clothes and stuff gone. Photos and other bits still here.

sherry
    Free Member

I broke up with my then girlfriend 3 months ago (5 years together), I felt how your feeling now and was sure that getting back together was the right thing to do! 3 months later and I'm happy that we broke up and realise it was the correct way to go as the relationship just wasn't working. I can only speak for myself, you need to think long and hard so you make the right decision! You and you alone have to make the decision to try to make up or break up. Remember she might not want to get back together. If you do break for good its not the end of the world and things get better. Good luck whatever happens.

samuri
    Free Member

Do you want to do lots of talking as much as you want her back? If the suggestion of sitting around talking for hours (not by any means a natural male arena), fills you with dread then let her go. Don't change your personality unless having her back means more to you than staying the way you are. She knew what you were like when she fell in love with you originally, why has that changed?

ml
    Free Member

It's difficult for me to get my thoughts accross and heard.

Just write things down, and stay relaxed when you're talking. Easier said than done, but if you want it sorted, only you can do it. Good luck. 🙂

pomona
    Free Member

Don't take her back whatever you do. She's walked out once so she'll do it again and again and again. You'll feel just as shit every time

Go out, drink Absinthe, pick up a cheap slapper/hooker and enjoy.

When you're sober ride bike.

Repeat until you feel better (or contract an STD)

Expat
    Free Member

Buy her a ring, that will keep her happy for a few more years – did mine 🙂 time ran out and i had to wed her in the end though.

higgo
    Free Member

cinnamon-girl gives good advice .. id go for the talking option mate

And for every ounce of talk, about a pound of listen.

And be prepared to come to the conclusion that she's right.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

"What I don't want is the gut wrenching feeling of rejection"

But you were happy to give that to her!

No marriage, no commitment, not even prepared to listen to her over the period she has been telling you something is very very wrong. If you get back together with her are you going to go on ignoring things she hopes for or that matter to her, because what you want is important and her needs aren't? Is the problem not loosing her, but having a bruised ego and a need to be the most important person and she just undermined that by leaving you behind?

You are even questioning how to chase after her – if you really loved her you would be off your bum and doing it, not looking for people to side with you on here. I think she has made a wise choice – if you cant be bothered about her future now, how much attention will you be giving her in 5 years time? How much effort will you bother to make with any kids? No wonder she no longer trusts you as you seem to love yourself way more you do anyone else.

All the best if it works out and she comes back as I like people to be happy, but I think it sounds like she made a wise decision.

clubber
    Free Member

While I suppose you could be right midnighthour I suspect that your post makes clear the real problem here – women don't really have a clue about men and visa versa…

doglover
    Free Member

Autoelec we don't really know a lot about your life but make sure if you commit you're doing it for the right reasons, if you haven't felt like doing it in past why do it now ? It's got to be mutual & almost natural.

Heard a line in film/book once, "what do you couples do after they run out of things to say to each other — they get married", I know that's incredibly negative but whatever you do don't rush into any commitment & take time to reflect. A little time out now is not going to harm anyone in long run if she's the one for you…best of luck mate.

theboatman
    Free Member

Just text her.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Other half just walked out’ is closed to new replies.