Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Other activities in Morzine
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Going a week on sat and might have a day off from the biking and do something else – anyone got any recommendations?

the_baron
    Free Member

When I went last year we went to Lake Geneva (about an hours drive) for a swim and some chilling on the beach. Recommended.

mk1fan
    Free Member

There’s loads. The local ice hockey team will no doubt be in action. There’s the leisure centre to spend the day chilling by the pool or playing tennis. You can get a massage. Yo can spend the day using the free wifi in one of the bars. You can drive out to Italy or any of the neighbouring towns and cities. You can go parascending, canoeing, horse riding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    UK-FLATLANDER

Depends how active you want to be – there’s plenty of Via Ferrata and climbing locally, and White water rafting at Sixt Fer A Cheval.

MRanger156
    Free Member

White water rafting sounds good, prob want something fairly active but I dont like heights so trying to avoid climbing!

MRanger156
    Free Member

Any links to the white water rafting?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Thanks

lank45
    Free Member

go to les gets and go devil carting! its mental

rob1984p
    Free Member

break into the swimming pool after hours, turn on the slide and have a little party

andywhit
    Free Member

There’s that zipwire thing where you get attached to a high wire in a sleeping bag (or something like that) and whizz across a valley.

nickjb
    Free Member

The zipwire is very impressive but not for those that don’t like heights

I’ve zoomed in on the tiny dot that is a person

Diane
    Free Member

Wake boarding/water skiing on lake Geneva. All sorts of stupid stuff in the water. Might see you there – also going out for a week at that time!

Stu_N

There’s that zipwire thing where you get attached to a high wire in a sleeping bag (or something like that) and whizz across a valley.

**** that for a game of soldiers. I’d rather smear myself in Winalot and run naked through a pack of hungry rabid hyenas.

Road bike for a day could be an option – Samoens for cake then back over the Joux Plan is a nice one. I think you can hire road bikes in Morzine or Les Gets somewhere.

Annecy is a nice enough city and Geneva could be worth a look as well for a day trip. Chamonix is worth a look as well,especially the Aguille du Midi cable car – massively impressive, can’t recommend that enough. All roughly an hour’s drive away from Morzine.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

andywhit – Member

FANTASTICABLE!! 😀

monsta
    Free Member

Parapenting is quite fun. We did it at sunset for added atmosphere – nothing like running towards the edge of a cliff with a frenchman yelling in your ear “run! run! trust me, eeez ok”…

metalheart
    Free Member

went on a ‘family & friends’ morzine trip a couple of years back.

did parapente, via ferrata, rock climbing and yeah a trip to Chamonix/Mont Blanc.

really fancied a road bike out there too!

Ambrose

Gorge du Pont du Diable. Very touristy (but then again, so is the whole area) but a nice way to spend a wet morning or afternoon.

Tartiflette- hmmm

But top of the tree has to be whitewater rafting. We usually go on the Dranse, on the road down to Thonon les Bains, at the Pont de Bioge. If I didn’t wear glasses I would be at the front of the queue for boogieboard thingie, like half a one-man raft. You get an armoured wetsuit as part of the package! You’ll need it :O

mildred

Go to Bar Robinson, start drinking Mutzig, and before you know it you’ve lost 2 days in a swirling hangover.

UK-FLATLANDER

If you want some simple sight seeing the cirque at Sixt Fer a Cheval is very impressive with some nice walking in the area.

brakes
    Free Member

I can’t recommend the Fansasticable highly enough, it is truly AMAZING!

video

endlessride
    Free Member

Canyoning is worth the money and can be done in Morzine.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Other activities in Morzine’ is closed to new replies.