Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OT….Any Pc wizards on here , Service pack 2…
  • crazant
    Free Member

I have tried to upgrade to XP service pack 2 three times now, it downloads ok but when it reboots it gets to my desktop and restarts at random points, so basically i can’t use the PC, its just looping on a restart.. the only way i can get it to work again is reboot in safe mode and do a system restore to an earlier date…but that means i still have Service Pack 1..
    The machine is virus and malware free and i have done chkdsk prior to this download….
    I have done a backup of my important stuff off drive C so i can see a re install coming on, but i’m not very brave when it comes to that…..

Any Ideas ???

Thanks
    Anthony

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Try service pack 3.

AFAIK its all the others rolled into one. Might be a bit neater.

chvck
    Free Member

Can you boot into safe mode? It might be a driver that’s somehow got messed up or something along those lines.

crazant
    Free Member

It boots in safe mode…eventually… so i just do a system restore to get the PC working again, is there anything i can do in safe mode that might help fix the restart problem…

Cheers

darrell
    Free Member

buy a apple mac and save the time and effort

BlingBling
    Free Member

Sounds like you have a corrupt copy of SP2.

You should be using SP3 now anyway.

crazant
    Free Member

Service Pack 2 is straight from the Microsoft website, i might just do a re install with an XP disc that has SP2 on it….I just get worried i’ll loose loads of stuff..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OT….Any Pc wizards on here , Service pack 2…’ is closed to new replies.