Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • OT: Who to buy a domain and rent email stuff from?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Dear IT guys

After 13 years on hotmail I need to make the break and buy my own domain name for email purposes

Theres lots of folk happy to help me and Im getting confused at the choices and extras available

What I want is:

My own domain – which is still available 🙂
    An email address @ this domain, for the 4 of us in the extended family
    Anonymity from WHOIS searches (Zen charge extra for this)
    A hosting company who arent about to go bust

Im using a Mac if it makes a difference
    I dont ever plan to have a website – its just for email

Thanks

PS Can anyone tell me about Xilo?
    They were rec'd by a mate but Im not sure what I want
    Mail foundary and shared hosting keep appearing in my trolley at a total cost of £72 a year
    Have I clicked the wrong stuff or is this what email only really costs?
    To repeat I dont want a website – just 4 email addresses @ the same domain for us

tsr
    Free Member

Hi,

Have a look at Namecheap.com – I have used them for 3 yr's+ and have been happy.

For email have a look at Google Apps – allows multiple users and is web based so pick up from anywhere.

Drac

http://www.justhost.com/

Cheep and unlimited email no need to pay for hosting go elsewhere for emails, emails can be set up as pop3 or web based.

simon_g

I've used Netweaver (.com) for many years for my personal domain/email and been very happy with them. No charge for whois opt-out (bear in mind you can only do it on .uk domains, and only if it's personal rather than business).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘OT: Who to buy a domain and rent email stuff from?’ is closed to new replies.