Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • OT What's good in Printer World?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a new home printer.

Currently have a 1996 vintage HP Deskjet 880C, but the cartridges are getting harder to come by, dearer and seem to last less and less…

Also wireless connectivity would be a big bonus.

Such a variety of printers available now that it seems difficult to know what to go for.

Primarily needed for document printing – both myself and mrs rkk01 tend to do a lot of additional work at home evenings and weekends – so although it's work's work, it needs to relatively economic as home prinitng is obviously paid for by us.

Are colour lasers worth looking at? Toner costs seem to be pretty high for these. I had expected higher initial outlay and lower per sheet for laser vs inkjet??

Doesn't need to do photos – I've always been minded to get a good Epson A3 colour for photo printing. So A4 colour document printing, wireless, relatively low consumables cost…

Have seen a couple of wireless HPs – Photosmart / Photosmart Premium. Any good or paying for unneccesary features?

Any advice appreciated…

tron
    Free Member

The figures are generally available for pages per cartridge – usually Laser works out much cheaper.

nickjb
    Free Member

I'm a laser fan. I find inksjets start producing poor results long before they properly run out. Lasers are much better for text documents. Colour lasers are good for printing maps off, too. I occasionally laser print on plastic 'paper' which is completely waterproof, handy for scuba diving and rainy rides. I've got a samsung clp310 which has wifi, wired network and usb. Print quality is fine, not as good as more expensive models and far from photo-quality but good enough for me. Not had to replace toner but it was very cheap for my old samsung mono and lasted ages.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘OT What's good in Printer World?’ is closed to new replies.