Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OT what 'tough' smartphone – Motorola Defy, any others
  • OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Looking to replace my pants Nokia smartphone with something that is less glitchy and tough as well for using in rain, up hills etc.

Can only find the Motorola that fits the bill (other tough phones are very basic) any other options?

gee
    Free Member

We just spent a while looking around for the same thing – only opponent was a Defy.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Defy, generaly good! Can drop it in my cider 😆 but now the earphone thing has packed up, so can only make calls on speakerphone… common fault according to the world of google!
    😕
    5/10..

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    CountZero

There was a tough phone review in Live, the MoS bloke supplement, and the Defy was the only proper smartphone to get a top review. Good on a bike with Viewranger.

nickname
    Free Member

Defy is an awesome phone and very underrated in terms of performance 🙂

Also possible to root should you wish to go that route later down the road.

stuey
    Free Member

Does that defty+ really have a standby time of 10 days? ( every smartphone I’ve tried conks out after a couple of days max)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Just remember the old Defy is not IP67 certified.

RustyNissanPrairie

ANY PHONE THEN A CASE FROM OTTERBOX;
    (grrr caps)
    http://www.otterbox.com/

CountZero

It’s the IP67 rating that the phones were being tested against in the supplement. Free with some contracts, too, apparently. Not an Android fan, but I can see real advantages to using this phone with something like Viewranger and a bar mount on a bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OT what 'tough' smartphone – Motorola Defy, any others’ is closed to new replies.