Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • OT: What presnt for wifes birthday? (not bike related)
  • yoshimi

Getting nowhere fast – she seems to have most things she needs and when I ask her what she’d like…….”I’m sure whatever you get will be lovely” – that doesn’t help- before I head off to the Trafford Centre on Thursday and buy jewellery – anyone have any ideas?? Upto a max of about £200

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rechargable rabbit?

😉

Up to £200? How about a really nice pen. Not aMontBlanc, though, something with style like a Pelikan or a Cross. Maybe even a vintage Conway Stewart?

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Anything by Dyson

geetee1972
    Free Member

LOL at Quinn

For that kind of money, you should get her an experience or something, perhaps a weekend away, or maybe an afternoon at a spa/beauty treatment place. There is one in the Selfridges in the Trafford Centre which is very posh.

mogrim

Swarovski jewellery is pretty good, my wife seemed to like the necklace I got here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s an idea, actually…why not give her a pearl necklace for her birthday?

mogrim

Or what geetee1972 says, a session at a spa (with you looking after the kids, if you have any)

mogrim

lol@CFM

takisawa2

How about a Shii

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nothing says “I love you” like a gift chosen by a committee of the internet. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Then maybe a nice meal somewhere? You could take her up the Oxo Tower, perhaps

RustySpanner

One and a half Asda gas barbeques?

How about a weekend break somewhere?

yoshimi

Now, if I was to received a nice pen- I’d like that but not sure whether she would- we’ve got a dyson- last year involved a spa day in southport, got a night away booked for loch lomond in next few weeks :((

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You could take her up the Oxo Tower, perhaps

Is that some kind of euphemism?

yoshimi

A shii – tempting – already been to the oxo tower, good gravy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

already been up the oxo tower, good gravy!

Is that some kind of euphemism?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

How about a really nice pen

A pen? A poxy bloody pen??? 😯

£200 in Elizabeth Duke vouchers? She could buy half the catalogue for that. Bling Bling! I think they do a Jordan/Katie Price range.

Knickers. Women can never have enough knickers, IME. I went out with a lass once, who had over 60 pairs (and that was after a ‘cull’! 😯 ). I had six. Although I think the total amount of material of my pants was still greater than hers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RudeBoy, if you had one ounce of class, which I know you don’t ( 😉 ), you’d know that a pen makes a great present. A really good one will stay with you and remind you of the giver of the present each time you use it.

That said, some filthy smalls is also a good idea…! Agent Provocateur, Coco de Mer or Myla would be my tips (Not linking to them as many of the images therein could well be NSFW)

Drac

You had 6 pairs id knickers, something you want to tell us then?

Can’t honestly understand why people post on here asking what to buy relatives and even more so their partners for a pressie.

yoshimi

bit of inspiration!?

Joxster
    Free Member

I once let my wife go underwear shopping, she spent £2k 😯 I’ve not made that mistake since.

The best present isn’t always the most expensive but the one that has had the most thought gone in to it.

Send her on a pamper day, drop her off (get in a bit of riding) tidy up the house, get dressed up and cook her favourite meal with some nice wine. Do something cheesy, I made some ice cream in heart moulds for mine.

RustySpanner

My Dad once bought my Mum a food processor for her birthday.

Bit of an atmosphere in the Spanner household that year.

She was a bit touchy about her cooking though, which was, TBH, awful – when I was a kid and my mates used to come round for tea, they’d come only if assured that they wouldn’t have to eat anything 😀

mogrim

you’d know that a pen makes a great present

It’s a bit of a retirement present, though – not exactly romantic.

markd
    Free Member

give her a Belgian Steamer.

It will go down a treat. trust me.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The best present isn’t always the most expensive but the one that has had the most thought gone in to it.

People say this, but it seems to be the case that after I’ve put lots of thought into it I realise that all the things my wife really wants are whimper-inducingly expensive. 🙂

Joxster
    Free Member

People say this, but it seems to be the case that after I’ve put lots of thought into it I realise that all the things my wife really wants are whimper-inducingly expensive.

Champagne tastes on ginger beer wages

BigDummy
    Free Member

Trouble is, I have champagne wages. But not Clos du Mesnil 1995 wages.
    🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Pair of Jimmy Choos!!! Or a new bike .. that’s what I got this year! awesome!

Junkyard
    Free Member

*wonders what he can extort out of OP by threatening to post this thread through his door addressed to his wife*
    /evil chuckling/

yoshimi

Oi johnnie – NO!

Ballon ride sounds a really good idea

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘OT: What presnt for wifes birthday? (not bike related)’ is closed to new replies.