Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • OT: Toothbrushes and chargers
  • Sui
    Free Member

Has anyone ever seen a multi charger of toothbrushes? How do people charge 3 up at the same time (the communal adult one + 2 kids individual). I’ve got 3 individual charging plates, but run out of sockets that are not otherwise the other end of the house.

Oral B if makes any difference.

cheers

scotroutes

They stay charged for several days. Just operate a rota.

Cougar

Indeed. Mine needs charging, what, once a month maybe?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Shred
    Free Member

Since they all come with the stupid 2 prong plug, remove and wire 2 to a single 3 prong plug with fuse?

But more importantly, why is the base so small compared to how tall they are? Couldn’t they flare it a bit to make it more stable when stood up?

MoreCashThanDash

Communal adult toothbrush?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

As mine has got older the battery runs out quite quickly. Two or three goes on the two-minute timer becomes the point at which I start looking for a new one.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Communal adult toothbrush?

Change the working bit.

dashed
    Free Member

Charge once a month?? 😯 How often do you use it??

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use a morning Philips brush and an evening oral-b. I then need to charge them half as often as normal.

STATO
    Free Member

But more importantly, why is the base so small compared to how tall they are? Couldn’t they flare it a bit to make it more stable when stood up?

Or make it so it can lay flat on a shelf in a cabinet. But as above, used twice a day they can easily last upto a month.

Sui
    Free Member

😀 different heads for the adults. As slowoldgit says, the battery doesn’t tend to stay charged once you’ve had 2 or 3 goes, also Dentist says you should keep them charged, I always notice the effectiveness when it runs down, even when new. I did think about splicing the Base units, though it’s probably asking for trouble. Surely there’s got to be something?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Charge once a month?? How often do you use it??

I wondered that ❓

mos

NSFW, but has anybody got a Tingletip fir their Oral B?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/tingletip-N4321-Tingletip-Massage-Head/dp/B005VFFIIS

Cougar

Charge once a month?? How often do you use it??

Twice a day. I’m only brushing my teeth, not cleaning the bath with it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Twice a day. I’m only brushing my tooth*, not cleaning the bath with it.

* Contents may have been edited

Sui
    Free Member

I’m twice a day, probably about 4 mins each (2 on top, 2 on bottom), surely that’s about average non? Brush is probably about 5 years old now, but when fully charged it works well, just wont get that many brushes out of it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Twice a day. I’m only brushing my teeth, not cleaning the bath with it.

You are turning it on aren’t you……not just using it like a manual toothbrush? My cheapie, always on offer in the supermarket, oral-b needs charging at least once a week. Maybe I should check the other half hasn’t been using it with

NSFW, but has anybody got a Tingletip fir their Oral B?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yes, mine goes for about 3 months between charges, used twice a day.

Of course it’s only a week at best if I switch it on 🙂

funkmasterp

Oral B one I have lasts about five days (got it at Christmas to replace last one) and that’s cleaning my teeth in six quadrants as per the pauses from the brush.

thepurist

Used to have a Phillips one that lasted ages between charges, but that died after several years. Got an oral B which barely gets 2 of us through 3 days. Will buy a Phillips when this gets too annoying

simon_g

My Philips Sonicare lasts a couple of weeks between charges. We don’t have a socket in the bathroom so I charge it in the USB travel case.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

There are 4 different models of Braun Leccy brushes in our house and the performance of the battery is quite varied – the cheapo £25 job is very poor, needs charged every 2 days – approx 16 uses
    The XLDelta3000GoldstarTitaniumDiamondInterstellar Bluetooth one £120 (I know! it was given to me as a gift from my dentist sister) lasts around 10 days of 8 brushes a day.

Sui
    Free Member

10 days of 8 brushes a day.

😯

time for a new brush i think – mine wasn’t cheap, though as is common, i waited until Boots sold it for half price as they do 2-3 times a year…

Cougar

that’s cleaning my teeth in six quadrants as per the pauses from the brush.

I’ve managed to brush my teeth pretty much since having teeth in the first place without requiring a stopwatch, so I ignore that. (The cynic in me thinks it’s just a ploy to make you buy replacement heads more often.)

Also, six quadrants? Sextants maybe.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Maybe he has one and a half mouths?

stevextc
    Free Member

time for a new brush i think – mine wasn’t cheap, though as is common, i waited until Boots sold it for half price as they do 2-3 times a year…

They are often on sale (boots/supermarkets/Amazon) and I get “weeks” rather than “days” out of decent ones.

When the battery starts to not last I’ve usually already got one I bought last time they were on sale…

SamB
    Free Member

Any recommendations on a decent rechargeable? I get about 2 days out of my Oral B one now. Tempted to just go for the default half-price option in Boots atm (OralB 2000 I think) – anything better?

Jamie
    Free Member

#Pray4CougarsTeeth

leffeboy

Bugger. I clicked on mos’ link and forgot that your amazon history follows you on every site you visit from now on 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Bugger. I clicked on mos’ link and forgot that your amazon history follows you on every site you visit from now on

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/history + remove

…or click ‘more like this’ if you want. 8)

funkmasterp

Also, six quadrants? Sextants maybe.

😳

natrix
    Free Member

Tingletip fir their Oral B

STW = sextoyworld 😀

I was wondering if there is such a site, but I expect there is and NO, I do not want a link to it!! 😯

finbar
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone has said this yet – can’t you just use different brush heads? That’s why when you buy packets of the Oral B ones they all come with different coloured plastic rings.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Back to the OP, I’m sure I have seen a pair of toothbrushes being sold with a double base in the past, but it may no longer be available. A bit of DIY wiring would be very easy – in fact I’ve just cannibalised two chargers into one with a longer cable, so that it could reach more comfortably from socket to shelf.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, I’d be interested in a multi charger too OP.

Sui
    Free Member

@Finbar – think you’ve missed the point entirely (unless refering to the tingle tip), it’s the base that’s the issue – i.e. battery running down, not the heads – got plenty of those in bulk.

I’ve got a few of the base chargers, so i might have a play at making something, but if i blow myself/family up i’m blaming you lot..

just seen this was discussed 4 years ago!!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-and-electric-toothbrush-with-dual-charging-base

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

the cheapo £25 job is very poor, needs charged every 2 days – approx 16 uses
    The XLDelta3000GoldstarTitaniumDiamondInterstellar Bluetooth one £120

I’m guessing the XLDelta3000GoldstarTitaniumDiamondInterstellar must finally be coming with a li-ion battery., All the others have some sort of NiMH NiMh of around the same capacity. Best part of a week when brand new, maybe about 4 days now it’s a few years old. The *not bottom of the range* models have faster motors in but I’d have thought they’d run the battery down faster rather than lasting longer.

scotroutes

I think you’ve missed the point. 😆

If you keep one base on charge and just change the heads when you’re going to use it then you only need one plug.

Xylene
    Free Member

I’m unsure as to why on the amazon link for toothbrushes it was selling these next to them Size Matters Twist Up Nipple and Clitoris Suction Devices Size Matters Twist Up Nipple and Clitoris Suction Devices do they get the plaque of better?

CountZero

How do people manage to brush their teeth if they go camping or whatever?
    Is using a toothbrush that you actually have to scrub up and down your teeth too arduous an activity for modern humans?
    🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘OT: Toothbrushes and chargers’ is closed to new replies.