Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OT – Tassimo help please
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m no coffee drinker but the wife likes her Latte’s and her Hot Chocolates.

Now the Tassimo’s are in the sales she’s started to look at them.

Her question is do the Latte’s and Hot Chocolate “pods” taste like Costa’s in house versions?

Does she need to look out for good or bad pods?

Ta

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m not a coffee snob, I just like a shot of espresso or a latte or cappuccino in the morning instead of breakfast, so got a Tassimo as my manual espresso machine takes too long. The costa latte and cappuccino kits are OK. To me the milk pod tastes like UHT milk and are slightly sweetened. Not unpleasant but I prefer the taste of proper milk. The Cadbury’s hot chocolate pods are really nice.

I’ve not got round to trying out different pods yet, i’ve not had time to shop around, but there are plenty available so are bound to be some that you will like. It depends on your expectations on what a pod machine can deliver. I never really expect them to be as good as a proper espresso shot and shop latte/cappuccino, but not too far off. If you’re expecting that then you’re probably going to be disappointed. Much much better than instant and caffatier/filter coffee to me though.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My missus prefers the Suchard chocolate pods, not keen on any of the ones that come with the milk/creamer pods

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks,

Sounds like the milk is shite, I suppose this be added manually can it?

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Ours does piss poor sized cups for some reason, and have no idea how to make them go bigger…

sparkerfix

Milka chock is very nice according to wifey. With the chock pods we soak them in hot water before use to thin the syrup a bit !!

GHill

Well, milk pods that sit on supermarket shelves obviously won’t taste the same as fresh milk…

If you’re not interested in using the milk I wouldn’t bother with Tassimo, the fact it steams it for you is the major advantage over Nesspresso IMO. And, if you’re a bit of a coffee snob just avoid.

squin
    Free Member

I love the costa Tassimo pods. Really close to the shop bought Costa

prawny

I like the hut milk pods, the costa ones are good, as are the latte macchiato ones. My favourite is probably the petit déjeuner it’s like a nice strong cup of coffee from a pot, but without having to make a whole pot, lovely.

The chocolate ones are really personal, I like the milka one, the wife likes the Cadbury, a girl at work loves the suchard one which I think is Ming.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You can get a bigger draw from the Tassimo. Once it’s delivered the shot the green light at the 12 o’clock point will turn to a green light at the 3 o’clock position with a symbol showing a cup with a + sign. If you hold the silver button down for a few seconds it will deliver another shot. Obviously this will be diluted, so won’t be a double espresso in terms of strength, but will give you a longer drink.

The actual Tassimo machine can’t handle real milk. If you want real milk you’ll need to get a separate milk frother, which is what I’ve done.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OT – Tassimo help please’ is closed to new replies.