Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • OT: suggest to me a firm that does business printer leases
  • matt_outandabout

That does not include the waste of space that is Ricoh UK.

We need a full colour laser printer, with low running costs and reasonable image quality, ideally on a lease/full service, for a small office of 7 people running training courses.

We are in central Scotland BTW.

If anyone wants a paperweight, I have one with Ricoh UK sticker on the side… 😉

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Matt’s Local IT services

Matt_outandabout – try these guys, I can make an introduction if you want (no personal connection).

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Home

We use these guys and they have been more than helpful over the years! – We have heavy print usage so quite challenging for them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    StirlingCrispin

We’ve used these guys for years to supply a printer / photocopier for a small office in Stirling – very helpful:
    http://www.digitol.co.uk/

the-muffin-man

Find your local Xerox agent. We’ve used Xerox kit for over 15 years (in print trade), and service has always been spot-on. Not always the cheapest mind.

Check that service is from Xerox themselves though and not a 3rd party.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Metrik in Dumfries are good – been using these guys on and off for nigh on 10 years now and always found them to be very good.

> http://www.metrik.co.uk/

*Disclaimer – we did their website for them a couple of years ago, however that followed on from being a client of theirs for much longer than that.

mj27
    Free Member

Clarity Pennine, speak to Bernard.

Milkie
    Free Member

We are with Ricoh and they are absolutely rubbish, I would never ever recommend them ever ever. We bought a printer from them and they did not reset the copies, so then tried to bill us £12k for the copies of the previous company! Roll on 12 months they tried it again and would not return calls. Somehow we are still with them despite them being very poor on the communication side 👿

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

We’ve used Appogee for the last 3 years. They’ve been alright. They supplied us with a canon – big beast that we put 35k copies out per month.

Biggest thing to watch out for is that your total monthly print runs don’t exceed the manufacturers maximum recommended number. They didn’t mention this us when we set the lease up and we only found out when the printer kept breaking.

Once identified, no problems tho.

wolly
    Free Member

We use Midshire Comunications at work have been spot on so far.

Sandwich

Any particular reason it’s leased?

Using a big Kyocera at work which we own, cost about £500 4 years ago. I print price lists on it for mailing out, we also produce booklets for the clients in full colour on it. It’s not given us any mechanical problems so far and if it does we’ll buy a new one as bits tend to be expensive to fit with a technician in attendance.

Cartridges at £300 a set of 4 every 9 months. It’s still on it’s first imaging drum. Serving 4 machines on the mixed network.

Cougar

Do you want ‘just’ a printer, or would a heavier-duty printer / photocopier / fax etc be more appropriate for your needs? I’m thinking volume here, is it going to be used once or twice a day or getting caned?

If the latter, it’s the sort of thing we do (along with “document management solutions” and suchlike), and we’ve an office in East Kilbride. Yell if you want hooking up, might be overkill for your needs though, dunno.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘OT: suggest to me a firm that does business printer leases’ is closed to new replies.