Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • OT Sorry you were out Royal Mail card.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I got in from work friday and there was a sorry you were out delivery card on my doorstep with the attempted delivery time of 10.24am. The card said please leave 48hrs before attempting to collect so does this mean if i go tomorrow it will be ready for collection? or does the weekend not count?

Anyone know?

djc1245
    Free Member

Should be ok to pick up tomorrow. It will only go back to the sorting office. You can also ring and rearrange the delivery if you want

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I had one pushed through the letterbox once; saw it coming through. No knock or owt. Opened the door, and queried this with the postie.

You jolly well have not actually knocked, to see if I’m in, yet you put this ‘sorry, you were out’ card through the door. Why?

‘Oh, I don’t actually have the parcel with me, you’ll have to collect it from the depot’.

Eh? So wtf is the postage fee for, then? Is it not meant to pay for a service that delivers to your door?

Useless lazy bastard.

jam-bo

they used to do that quite a bit in taunton when i lived there.

wasnt too much hardship as the sorting office was only 250yds down the road.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Rudeboy, maybe he just didn’t like you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and this is the service we cant afford to loose………………….

djglover
    Free Member

Maybe he thought it was a bomb?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

😯

Rudeboy, maybe he just didn’t like you.

Hmm, you could be right….

…maybe he was another STWer!!!! 😯

antigee

‘Oh, I don’t actually have the parcel with me, you’ll have to collect it from the depot

Useless lazy bastard

but what i don’t understand is that the these good men and ladies have to hump all those parcels from the depot using their own car or bus out to their rounds and then carry them – i reckon if i thought someone wasn’t usually at home i’d leave it – am surprised what comes as a letter rather than than package delivery

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I think Royal Mail provide an excellent service. All the threads you see about wiggle/crc and quick delivery. It’s usually royal mail that does he trick.

Saying that, my postie is a star, always has a good chat when I see him and hides my parcels for me when I’m not in.

saves me having to go and get them

RudeBoy
    Free Member

antigee; Eh? They have little carts, or can use vayns!

No, a lot of people had problems with that sorting office, and quite a few of the posties there were proper lazy bastards.

My current postie is very efficient, though. And the Royal Mail is, in spite of being run into the ground to make it cheap to sell off to mates of various odious politicians, still pretty bloody good, tbh.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Rudeboy, they don’t.

I pick up my spares everyday from a RM collection point, and an awful lot of them use there own cars to get to their rounds.

antigee

or can use vayns!

well would take a postie with a cart about 2hrs to get here from local sorting office – i presume all the posties i see waiting at the bus stop near the sorting office can’t drive or choose not to use their car

andytherocketeer

Best one I had was postie leaving the calling card saying that he had already attempted delivery in 15 minutes time ! (was an agreed delivery time, and I got home 10mins early)

Worst one was calling card being left… then they lost the package, and couldn’t find it in the post office when I went to collect the next day. Got a formal apology letter that finishes “we hope that we can do business with you again and provide a more satisfactory service”… duh! it’s the national postal service! I don’t exactly have a choice, especially if I’m the recipient!

njee20
    Free Member

If the item will fit through the letter box our postie signs for it himself and sticks it through if we’re not in, saves us the trouble, it’s great!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Rudeboy – I’ve had exactly the same thing happen to me, and the time quoted on teh card was WAY earlier than the time it was posted through the door, I reckon it was when he was sat in his van/car writing it out!

Pieface

When I get these cards it narks me because the local depot is down the road, but apparently it takes 48 hours as it has to go across town to the larger sorting office to be sent back to the depot near my house.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The sorting office was about 500 yards from our house.

Just lazy, incompetent bastards.

The PO had a purge, and several got sacked. Things improved dramatically, after that. Even other posties said there were quite a few useless feckers there.

aracer
    Free Member

but what i don’t understand is that the these good men and ladies have to hump all those parcels

Well I’ll not be using RM again if that’s the case!

coatesy
    Free Member

Took my card to the sorting office once, handed it to the chappy behind the counter, saying “it’s a helmet-it’ll be in a box about the size of that one.” He was pretty insistant it couldn’t be that box as it was on the wrong shelf for my area, and kept me waiting for a good 10 minutes whilst rummaging through every small box and padded envelope on “my” shelf.He then announced he couldn’t find it and, after being told it was a “helmet in a box about that size” for the third time, he grudgingly picked it up and said “Oh, it is that one, must have been on the wrong shelf.”
    It’s no wonder they’ve got problems.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘OT Sorry you were out Royal Mail card.’ is closed to new replies.