Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT Sony xperia z2 or samsung note 10.1 2014 edition.
  • osteo1
    Free Member

Which one? Real world experience with either please. Will be used for work and home, definitely needs to be able to run a diary system on remote desktop (via an app obviously) oh and peppa pig on repeat with grubby fingers all over it…!

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting shortlist, as both of those have the functionality I’m after in a phone (which very few have)…

(sorry can’t actually help with your question!)

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have a z1 compact and I prefer Sony for their interface. If you hurry a mate at work got a good deal involving the new Sony tablet!! I think it was from carphone warehouse.

Flaperon

I was scathing of Windows 8 until I bought one of these:

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=F4W57EA&opt=ABU&sel=PCNB

It’s absolutely bleedin’ brilliant. No shortage of apps, comes with two free copies of Office, can handle anything USB with a £5 adapter, and more importantly, it’ll run any Windows software you can think of.

iPad is now relegated for the occasional work related task that I have to cart it around for. The Sony Z2 will tolerate being dropping in the bath, which is a major plus point. The Samsung has an active digitiser on the screen, so you can draw on it with the pen.

3dpatriot
    Free Member

After owning the note 10.1 for 8 months and now the Sony tablet z, I would say the Sony wins hands down in build quality weight and and robustness oh and its alot thinner. Can only guess that this has continued with the z2.As for specs not really that much in it though.

Also prefer the rubber back on the Sony as its doesn’t spit out the hand like the Note 10.1 did

lovewookie

is the Z2 in stock anywhere?

I have just picked up a Z1 through work. excellent phone. Great camera, it’s fast, takes a microSD, has some nice features, runs Kitkat, doesn’t seem to get bogged down, has that weird throw function, and can be mirrored on my TV wirelessly.

seems pretty tough too. Only downside is that the rear is glass, so quite slidy. I picked up a cheap case for 99p off ebay which helps a lot.

Oh and it’s waterproof, so using it in Scottish weather is fine.

The Z2 is pretty much the same phone, just faster processor and more RAM.

Edit: oh hang on, you talking about tablets?

cranberry
    Free Member

Out of the 2 I’d get a Note 10.1 for the S-pen which is excellent. If you have the cash then consider a Note Pro 12.2 – a full A4 sized hi-res screen.

osteo1
    Free Member

Yes tablets Sony Xperia z2 their 10″ contribution. And the new note which has the s pen… My local Sony center has the z2 in at the moment. I am wondering what the real difference is between jelly bean and kitkat os

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT Sony xperia z2 or samsung note 10.1 2014 edition.’ is closed to new replies.