Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • OT: Parka (the mod sort) jackets – any cheap ones
  • grueller
    Free Member

Anyone know a place to get an old parka style coat cheaply. I know the originals M51/M65s are £150 plus. Just fancied one but can’t justify that much. Liner and furry hood. cheers

russianbob
    Free Member

Search for Army Surplus Fish tail Parka

grueller
    Free Member

cheers

grueller
    Free Member

stevied is that your one?
    if so what size chest are you. I know these things come up big, but never know how big.
    Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

Hi mate.
    it is mine…I’m a 42″ chest and I would say its about 3-4″ bigger than me. Can do some measurements if you need some?
    Steve

grueller
    Free Member

I’ve just put a bid in on an M65 on ebay. I’ll see how that pans out first. Cheers

andyrm
    Free Member

I might get whooped with the banstick for this……

One of my clients sells Craghoppers:

http://www.time4outdoors.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_26

If you can wait till next Sunday, I’ve got money off vouchers for further discounts with them coming up through my work.

🙂

grueller
    Free Member

Cheers andy, but it was the original parka style I was after. Bit of a closet mod.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Hi ,dont know if you’d be interested , i’ve got an original M65 parka from my youth , its still in good nick with the button out liner , cant find the hood though , can sort some pics if your interested 🙂

grueller
    Free Member

I would be interested Mint. What size is it? I’m sure hoods can be found.
    What sort of price are we talking?(puts Dell boy hat on)
    Cheers

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Hi ,
    it says regular small on the label , not really sure on price though , could make me an offer if you like 🙂

grueller
    Free Member

I’d need to see pics first. what size chest are you? I’ve been told I’d fit a medium, but haven’t tried any on yet. They do seem to come up big. Whereabouts are you in the world?
    Cheers

mintsauce5
    Free Member

pics , theres a sewn up bit on the chest , think this must have been where the name tag/badge went , also stitching along small part of bottom hem and small parts of the liner edging has frayed also shown in the pics , these parkas must come up quite big as i last wore this about 20 years ago i’m a 42 chest but it still fits me

http://s430.beta.photobucket.com/user/mintsauce5/library/parka

sausagefingers
    Free Member

got a fjall raven parka off ebay nice and cheap for riding round on the scoot and it’s super toasty.can’t find a link but well worth keeping a look out for one

grueller
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you mint?
    Cheers

sausagefingers
    Free Member

it’s one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Mens-Fjallraven-Greenland-Winter-G-1000-Hooded-Parka-Jacket-/300607641581?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item45fd9c97ed

had mine a few years and didn’t realise the prices had gone up so much.
    keep your eyes open for a second hand one as they’re a great coat

mintsauce5
    Free Member

i’m in the west mids , just outside walsall 🙂

grueller
    Free Member

that’s way out of price, sausage, looks like you got a bargain.
    Mint – does the inner button in? Just trying to work out if a new hood would look odd?
    Would £35 posted be an insult?
    Just worried about the sizing. I’m nr Cambridge so a bit of a trek!
    Cheers

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Hi , yes it’s a button in liner , to be honest I’d probably be looking for minimum twice what you’ve offered as they go for a good deal more than that on eBay etc , I may have the hood ill have to have a search in my folks loft

grueller
    Free Member

OK. Cheers
    I’ll carry on looking around ebay. I’ve bid on one ending tonight. If you found the hood it would make a difference as a new hood would look a bit odd. My email is in my profile so if you find it let me know before you stick it on ebay. If I get one in the meantime I’ll let you know.
    Cheers

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘OT: Parka (the mod sort) jackets – any cheap ones’ is closed to new replies.