Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OT: iTunes and compilations
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi, Im sure this is simple but its doing my head in

Sometimes, but not every time, I import a compilation into iTunes it lists it as as many different albums as there are tracks which is bloody annoying 🙁

Where am I going wrong please if its obvious?

Ive even been into the 'get info' bits and ticked the 'part of a compilation' box

It seems to particularly affect Ministry of Sound compilations

Cheers

shortmessageservice
    Free Member

It's not you. I have had this and drove me mad. 😡 Mainly on older 90's dance CDs.

jakeclyro
    Free Member

yeah, i've had this! the only thing I have worked out how to stop is editing it in get info in the info tab.

jakeclyro
    Free Member

yeah, i've had this! the only thing I have worked out how to stop is editing it in get info in the info tab.

bri-72

Go to get info and manually re-enter album name. Think you can do that for multiple tracks. Not found slicker way.

simon_g

Make sure "Album Artist" is the same for all – so use something like "Various Artists". Then each track can have "Artist" completed correctly with the actual artist for the track. Sometimes, as said, "Album" can be slightly different on some tracks so they get sorted differently.

The "part of a compilation" flag is so that they can be listed separately from regular albums in iTunes if you want.

giantjason
    Free Member

as br-72 says highlight all songs within that album and then get info for them all. You can then alter the album name and tick the 'part of a compilation' tab which should put them together.

dont think there is a way to automatically do it when importing.

CountZero

Trouble is the info is obtained from Gracenote, so you're relying on the correct info being sent there originally, and that's not guaranteed. I've had to manually correct info on albums before now, and not just compilations.

Sandwich

You can edit album info before importing into iTunes. select the CD in iTunes then select all the tracks edit the tags and then import. Leave the album artist line blank in various artists compilations to avoid iTunes sorting the tracks by artist in the music folder.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OT: iTunes and compilations’ is closed to new replies.