Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • OT: How to stop my wireless connecting to sodding BT fon
  • Pook

I’ve got vista, and o2 wireless. We’ve had the router for a month.

Whenever the computer connects it tries to connect to, in order…

– BT wireless
    – BT fon
    – my o2 connection.

I’ve deleted all the other wireless networks from my network centre, and put my network as the number one selection, yet every time I turn the computer on, they are all back and it’s connecting to them.

What can I do to stop it?

CountZero

BTFon and Openreach are utterly useless! I’m really annoyed that O2 dropped The Cloud as its free wifi access and opted for BT. I’m a BT customer, and have a BT email addy and password, but whenever my phone or pad connect to a hotspot, nothing happens; even with a full strength signal I can never access a website. My home computer also sometimes tries to access local ones when my BT router strength drops off, and bugger-all happens.
    Can BT be sued for misrepresentation, or false advertising, when they say you can access the Internet at millions of hotspots?
    ‘Cos I’m damned if I ever can!

thejesmonddingo

Try changing the wireless channel on the router,so it’s easier to pick up

jfletch
    Free Member

This is also annoying on a phone. It tries to connect to any BT Openzone wifi zone but most of them aren’t actually hotspots. Some are just peoples home routers as far as I can tell. You end up having to turn off Wifi just to use the perfectly workable 3G signal rather than phone being on the Wifi network but not connected to the internet.

Just reinforces the view the BT are a useless bunch of cretins to be avoided at all costs.

somafunk

I’ve got the same problem with my macbook pro and BT, It started on monday and whenever my macbook goes to sleep, upon wakening (stretch….yawn…..scratch hard drive) it automatically joins up to BTfon and i have to manually select my network and retype my password – my iphone has no such problems so i think it may be a BT problem or a recent update to the BT router that’s went all cock-arsed and confusing things.

Most annoying really.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘OT: How to stop my wireless connecting to sodding BT fon’ is closed to new replies.