Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • OT- how much should you be able to haggle off sticker price on 2nd hand car/van
  • convert

I'm after a Van to convert to a camper and have my eye on one (quite unusual colour and engine size) at a van centre with a sticker price of £7.5K + Vat. Despite best efforts can only get £100 + six months tax off the price. At this price its still OK but the miser in me will only be happy if I walk away with a good deal. What you expect to negotiate off the sticker price?

steveh

You can't give a figure or percentage for every deal as it depends on the start price. Some places start with high prices and give big discounts, some start low and give nothing off at all.

Think of it this way, if the same van was priced at £8.5k and they offered you a grand off even though the price would be the same would you be happy?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

TBH car dealers seem to be sticking to their guns at the moment. my Dads just bought a 6mth old focus and all he could get it down to was a free 1st service and a tank of juice.

I guess popular cars/vans are still selling so there's no need for them to discount.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘OT- how much should you be able to haggle off sticker price on 2nd hand car/van’ is closed to new replies.