Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT – hand baggage on Easyjet
  • matt_outandabout

So if we have a bag that is oversize in one dimension, but wife only half fills so therefore snugs down smaller and fits in the prescribed size, will that be allowed?

Sorry – just aware how silly Easyjet can be.

druidh
    Free Member

Put a couple of compression straps round it so that it fits?

Mintman
    Free Member

So if we have a bag that is oversize in one dimension, but wife only half fills so therefore snugs down smaller and fits in the prescribed size, will that be allowed?

I’ve flown easy jet almost every week for 2 years: I’ve seen them reject a bag like that on only a handful of occasions. They then insist on putting it in the hold for a cost. Just to be safe I reckon string/compression straps would be safe.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Think so, I’ve had a lot of fun watching people squeeze soft bags into the little box thing they have and then try and get them back out. As long as they fitted in, they were allowed on.

geoffj

Put a couple of compression straps round it so that it fits?

This.

It’s supposed to fit in the measuring cage easily. If you have to stuff it in, they may charge you to put it in the hold.

matt_outandabout

*heads to find spare rucsac straps*

wishiwascalledsteve

Myself and 2 friends had no problems with 40l climbing packs that were around 3/4 full, when we flew easyjet last year.
    As long as they fit in the basket easily.

Half of the plane seemed to be filled with climbers using day packs as hand luggage.

wingnuts

Regular flyer and never seen a rejection by easyjet. They’re a sight better than “don’t get me started on Ryanair”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT – hand baggage on Easyjet’ is closed to new replies.