Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • OT: Green Laneing and Enduro on a motorbike
  • Dango
    Free Member

As well as cycling I want to get into this for the winter, can anyone suggest a bike, been looking at CRF250’s and WR250F, prefer a normal MOT rather than daytime only

Any other models suitable for this?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You don’t really want a competition Enduro machine for green laneing, but you could get away with a mellow green laner for some soft enduro (e.g. XR250)

Green Laneing = pootling around legal lanes NOT annoying the crap out of other users.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For help on legal riding and stuff http://www.trf.org.uk/

scotsman
    Free Member

Lots, anything from KTM enduro range, yamaha YZ, Suzuki DRZ, RMX, RMZ, plenty hondas fit the bill.
    I race a KTM in the scottish enduro series but when out with mates for a blast about i also have 98 XR 400 which gets taken out all the time, you cant go wrong with an old XR 400, well capable and you can pick a good one for decent cash.

flyingmonkeycorps

Green Laneing = pootling around legal lanes NOT annoying the crap out of other users.

+1.

I always try to give the lads on crossers the benefit of the doubt, hold gates for them and say hello and so on. But when they insist on constantly behaving like arses (spinning the wheel as they go past showering me in crap having picked a line that takes them as close to me as possible despite my having climbed up the verge off the trail to give them space, that kind of thing) it gets increasingly difficult.

And when some absolute tosser barely in control of his tank bike manages to knock my riding buddy off and not even bother to stop and check he’s alright then frankly I think he needs shooting.

And breathe.

shedfull
    Free Member

Green laning needs a comfortable, reliable bike that will pass MOTs with no issues, isn’t highly strung and has a nice power delivery for all day riding.

Enduros need something that is light, fast and nimble.

I’d avoid anything 2 stroke or any of the higher strung racing four strokes (KTM’s 250 EXC-F) for green laning and you really, realy don’t want anything as heavy as a DRZ for enduro – I know as I raced one for a season.

Having ridden one in both enduros and on green lanes, a Yamaha WR250F is about the best bike you can buy. They’re enduro bikes but with a nice power delivery and they will manage a season’s racing and green laning and still pass an MOT after a quick wash.

Dango
    Free Member

Thanks for your comments, I won a WR250F on ebay today 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

can’t go far wrong with a wrf 250f enjoy

Oh and make sure you do some enduro’s and hare n hounds
    its like le gets and morzine where ever you go 😆

Sancho
    Free Member

nice choice on the WR, but Id get the 290 kit it makes the bike far better for green laning, it gives a belting improvement in power across the rev range.
    ive got one and put the 290 (athena) kit on in 2005 and its been perfect, I now race on a CRF 250X but keep the yam for some events and green laning.

Sancho
    Free Member

Oh and bolton by bowland coming up in a few weeks best hare and hounds in the north of england.

Dango
    Free Member

To keep costs down, I’m going to use my Dianese suit and an MX lid I bought years ago which was too hot for DH, I need boots and am thinking of Alpinestar Tech 3 for comfort, any good?

shedfull
    Free Member

Tech 3s are excellent. Get the enduro soled ones, not the MX ones. You will need grip when you’re trying to drag your bike out of a rut.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Dango, what size feet are you? I’ve got some size 10 boots that I won’t be using again. Also got a decent jacket I can punt on to you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OT: Green Laneing and Enduro on a motorbike’ is closed to new replies.