Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ot: ebay/paypal advice e please
  • Gooner
    Free Member

i have had an iphone on ebay and the auction has ended. Price was ok (£320)but the buyer has no feedback although he has paid by paypal.

However, as he has no feedback I am concerned that once he received the phone he may request a "chargeback" and disappear with the phone.

Am i being over cautious?
    what can i do to ensure this doesn't happen?

I was thinking of returning his paypal payment and asking him to pay by bank transfer – is it reasonable to do this

tails
    Free Member

Well sure you can ask I have done this a few times, but have always stated before hand. Can you withdraw the money or transfer it to a friends paypal.

timdrayton
    Free Member

if your customer demands their money back they dont immediately get it.

paypal suspends the amount (if you take the money out you just end up with a negative balance of £320 which you would owe paypal) until they make a decision.

if you get proof of delivery and a signature, you are protected from a "not received" claim, and for a "significantly not as described" the customer would have to return the item and prove that they have done so.

as long as you are sensible you should be ok?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

I'd post special delivery with the extra insurance up to the valve of your item, costs a few quid more but worth it to know its gets delivered and proof of who accepted delivery.

carlosg
    Free Member

I've ben here with a phone sale in the past.

Only send the item via 'Special delivery' it's the only secure method of posting via Royal Mail.

Make sure you open the phone and take a note of all the serial numbers on the sticker that usually under the battery (don't know if it's the same with iphones), my buyer suggested that the brand new phone we sent him didn't work so I sent him a message that as soon as I received phone no ***** back I'd refund him.

It's a well known scam to send back a knackered/non working phone instead of the working one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ot: ebay/paypal advice e please’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts