• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OT: eBay item not turned up, sent 1st Class (not recorded) – what can I do?
  • poppa
    Free Member

OK, so it has only been a week so far but my bottom bracket has not turned up. It was sent 1st Class Standard. Assuming it doesn't ever turn up, is there any way I can claim money back? Do I need to get proof of postage from the dealer? Or am I simply a numpty for not demanding recorded delivery?

Sorry for OT/stupid content.

theotherjonv

It's the responsibility of the seller / dispatcher. You can get proof of postage with first class, it's just that the compensation is limited to £35 then (which should be enough) so no excuse not to have at least that, which resolves any fears about whether it was actually sent.

A decent ebay seller will refund you / send another as appropriate and take it up with the PO if they can.

A week is possibly a bit short before claiming it as lost (on their side) but that shouldn't stop you getting another if it's a shop for example.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Up to the seller to sort it out. Providing they have the proof of posting receipt, first class covers up to £39 in compensation.

If they don't, they should still refund you.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Have you contacted the dealer, they may just send you another out. If they have proof of postage then i'm not sure what the procedure is through Royal Mail. Last option if you bought it via Paypal open a dispute, you will be refunded

poppa
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff. Thanks very much. I will alert the dealer to the possibility that it hasn't turned up, but I don't think a claim can be made until two weeks after dispatch. Thanks all.

Jase
    Free Member

I'v sent stuff before that hasn't arrived.

Providing the buyer has given sufficient time for item to arrive I refund them and then claim back from royal mail.

CHB

Exactly as Jase says. Up to seller to resolve. Please bear in mind that the Post Office leave it quite a while before entertaining any claims, so you may need to be patient with the seller.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OT: eBay item not turned up, sent 1st Class (not recorded) – what can I do?’ is closed to new replies.