Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: Dreamweaver/OSX font problem
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Hi all, not been on here in a while but a change of circumstances means I can post geeky questions and get quick answers while making a brew… :o)

So, I have Dreamweaver CS4 on OSX Snow Leopard. Fonts are managed by Fontbook, and all except the system fonts are disabled. However, I'm getting a font substitution in DW itself which makes reading pretty hard.

Flickr

Does anyone know how to force the default font?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

To adjust the font settings on a Macintosh do the following:

From the Apple Menu, choose Control Panels > Appearance.
    Select the Themes tab.
    Use the scrollbar to access the different themes. Select the Mac OS Default theme.
    Next, select the Fonts tab. Verify that the following default fonts have been set:
    Large System Font: Charcoal
    Small System Font: Geneva
    Views Font: Geneva
    Size: 10
    Smooth all Fonts on screen: This is optional. The default is unchecked.
    Click the box in the upper left corner to close the Appearance window.
    Changes to the Control Panels take place immediately. Quit and relaunch Dreamweaver to verify that the display issue has been resolved.
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14203.html

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks Tom, but that guide is 6 years old – OSX 10.6 no longer has that option under Apple Menu.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

oh. It looked a little old but just quickly did a search and that's what it came up with.

AdamW
    Free Member

Download TinkerTool – here. This allows you to change the default fonts for OSX.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks Adam, great tool.

Unfortunately after setting all fonts as Lucide Grand (as per System) and a restart the problem persists… I hope it's not a corrupt font, I spent a day last week validating my entire font library and weeding out what I thought were bad fonts.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Does anyone else have any ideas?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

It was a bad font (Babylon Hollow).

All solved now…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: Dreamweaver/OSX font problem’ is closed to new replies.