• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by s.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • OT – Do you live in a house with a shower but no bath.. and have kids
  • ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Looking at a house which has a shower room but no bath, its bloody huge for the money, nice location with a massive garden.

We have two (soon to be three) kids. How much of an issue do you really find not having a bath ?

jam-bo

rental or buying? Its not difficult to fit a bath.

flatfish
    Free Member

Our kids love having showers over a bath, they have the option of both.

the-muffin-man

How much of an issue do you really find not having a bath ?

I would have to get a bath fitted straight away – I hate having showers!!

Fitting a bath is pretty straightforward though assuming there is room. Our shower is over the bath and works fine for us.

scaredypants

our kids are 8+ now, so a bit different but bath is almost never used – my wife occasionally fancies a bath but the kids haven’t been in for years

cinnamon_girl

Does the house have a water meter?

clubber
    Free Member

My son really dislikes showers – or at least he dislikes getting water in his face. I guess that it might not be the case if he’d only ever had showers.

FWIW, I wouldn’t necessarily see it as a deal breaker though Mrs Clubber might as she loves a good soak in the bath.

Trekster

No bath, 3 grandkids = no problem. Big double sized shower 😛
    We removed the bath and fitted the shower due to wife’s ill health issues.
    When I was small we used the very big kitchen sink as a bath 🙄

More than likely there was a bath so should be no bother other than the hassle to put one back in and have an over the bath shower fitted. Both son & daughter have done this in their houses.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

No meter. Kinda rented, long term lease from an Estate/Farm.

oddjob
    Free Member

Our young kids would miss the bath, but I guess that will pass in time. I wouldn’t want to be without a bath until the kids are 10ish, but as said above, it’s not difficult or expensive to get one put in if there is space for it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Our 9 month old loves bath time and will kick and splash for ages.

He doesnt mind the shower but its more of a faff

Trekster

ricochet_rob – Member
    No meter. Kinda rented, long term lease from an Estate/Farm.

Would they let you make “improvements” to the house?

cinnamon_girl

What ages are your 2? Obviously new arrival will be in a baby bath. Yes, it could be a bit messy with young children but sometimes you just have to adapt.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I think they probably would, once I get the foot in the door with the farmer… And the most important thing, secure brick workshop/outhouse for the bikes……

s
    Free Member

Ours hate showers too, but I guess that’s because they have grown up from a baby bath….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘OT – Do you live in a house with a shower but no bath.. and have kids’ is closed to new replies.