Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • OT: Deals for changing from PAYG to contract
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Im about to buy a new phone – probably an HTC hero, on any network

I hear of people getting good deals when upgrading their phones but am not sure if Orange will make an effort for me

I spend approx £10 a month on PAYG and have been with them for 10 years at least

If I try it on with Orange to change this for a monthly contract with a new Hero or N97 are they likely to offer me any kind of incentive?
    Especially if I mention I may be off to O2 for an iphone….

My mate spends lots more than me – 40 quid or so – and was just given an N97 without even asking which is where my interest suddenly came from

Cheers

joemarshall
    Free Member

To get a hero free, you have to spend £35 a month on a 2 year contract, meaning you'll be spending £600 extra in order to get a £350 phone for free. It is worth phoning them up and asking if they can do any better deal though.

Obviously, with a phone like that you'll need to pay extra for mobile internet anyway (it isn't worth having a fancy phone like that without mobile internet), which may mean you spend more per month than you currently spend whatever happens, so that is worth taking into consideration.

Joe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘OT: Deals for changing from PAYG to contract’ is closed to new replies.