Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OT Climbing/scrambling harness
  • brack
    Free Member

I am looking to buy an all round harness – one that will be light enough to keep in my rucksack on more adventurous scrambles/ rock…but also ok for the odd evening down at the climbing wall.

I have been recommended the DMM super couloir as it is simple, light and easy to put on with boots/crampons etc

What do you think? Any suggestions?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Looks ideal for your spec., but it appears to have some limitations, but probably not for what you'll be using it for.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I've used a Black Diamond Bod for years. Cheap, easy on/off with big boots (usually snowboard boots in my case) as you don't have to step-in. I find it surprisingly comfy as the straps are nice and wide and spread the load well.

Use it at the climbing wall, cragging, multi-pitch, via ferrata, glacier travel…

Sandwich

As Stevo I use an Alpine Bod for winter use, easy on and off like a nappy.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I've had two Black Diamond Bods and would definitely recommend them. Excellent piece of kit

thegreatape
    Free Member

The supertopo website has some very good reviews. Definitely worth a look.

grumm
    Free Member

Bod sounds like exactly what you are after. My bro has one for exactly that kind of thing.

mattsccm
    Free Member

DMM do a couple . what about the Clog centre harness? There's 3 for 45 quid or less and thats Cotswold prices.

brack
    Free Member

Thanks for all your input…I went into a cotswolds store today and tried on the BD Bod..lovely but won't that comfy padding just soak up any UK weather like a sponge??

Looking more likely to get the DMM super couloir…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OT Climbing/scrambling harness’ is closed to new replies.