Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OT: camping stove content
  • Pook

I bought a new camping stove, a big deluxe thing with two rings and a grill. I, being stupid, thought little butane pots would clip into it underneath. Instead, there's a flanged gas inlet pipe at the back. What do i need to get it working?

(thanks, in pre-explosion advance)

thehustler
    Free Member

gass bottle regulator and hose, normally about 40 quids worth although if near the midlands search for the camping shop in walsall on ebay who do v cheap gas with no bottle deposits

thomthumb
    Free Member

reg

hose & clips

bottle.

butane/ propane have different regs. so decide which you need/want.

butane is cheaper but doesn't work below freezing. (you can always change regs later)

tron
    Free Member

Camping Gaz bottle if you plan very long jaunts to the continent, Calor if you're going to stay mainly in the UK or go to the continent for less than 4 weeks.

CG is pricier (for the bottle and the gas), the bottles are a bit smaller, and therefore need to be refilled more often. The small Calor bottles will last you several seasons of camping without needing a refill. Calor is pretty much UK specific, CG is supported across much of Europe.

And a reg, as suggested above.

alfabus
    Free Member

<hijack>

I need a new CampingGaz bottle… can you get them in the UK?

I normally just get them in Carrefour when I'm in France; would be convenient if I could pick one up here.

Anyone know of somewhere in the southeast? near Croydon or Leatherhead would be perfect.

Dave

</hijack>

alfabus
    Free Member

cancel my hijack… 5 seconds spent actually looking on the internet has found plenty of potential places.

Dave :o)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OT: camping stove content’ is closed to new replies.