Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • OT-Campervan Insurance
  • Matt_SS_xc

Anyone have any suggestions for a good company to get a quote from? Price comparison websites seem to be all motorhome based.

Ive been with brentacre for the last few years because I was slowly converting myself. Now that it is a campervan on V5 and 2nd vehicle I should be able to get quotes from other people.
    I am going to ring Adrian Flux, any other suggestions?

thanks!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Hi, my T4 Westy is insured through Clubcare (camping and caravan club) and has been since we bought it 7 years ago. We actually joined the club to get the cheap insurance but not sure whether that’s still a requirement. Either way they were by far the cheapest.

Make sure you’re covered for cooking in the van. It was surprising how many quotes we got which didn’t cover it.

Home

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Not that many offered us insurance, Adrian Flux is the latest after the last company decided to to offer cover. Oddly at least three companies refused to cover it because of my job. Journalist. Happy it’s covered with AF.

mocha
    Free Member

try AIB, cheaper than Adrian Flux for us.

Motorhome Insurance

and very helpful.

snownrock

Adrian Flux here

Matt_SS_xc

great, will try those, thank you!

ElShalimo

We use Safeguard

trail_rat
    Free Member

You guys know flux is a broker right… Who are you actually insured with.

Some of the deals flux got me for my modified car came back with the most stringent terms and conditions.

Heaven forbid you want to change from a modified car to a sensible car….your now out of their target demographic and the price goes up loads.

Furtermore – anyone actually dealt with their flux sourced insurance during a claim…..i and countless others on land rover forums have had endless bother.

paul4stones

Brentacre in swansea.

burko73

Used to use flux and then brentacre perhaps or hic for our self converted t4. Now using comfort for our Cali. They do motor home and camper policies through aviva.

They’ve been cheap and good when I claimed.

steveh

Comfort and Staveley head have both been much cheaper than me over the years.

Stoner
    Free Member

Lifesure have done my t4 for 7 years..

They don’t take the piss on renewal pricing

Bez

Clubcare/C&CC here. £210 for a 4-berth T4.

MikeG

Glynwoods have been very good for us.

spooky_b329

Camptons Insurance (never used as last time I tried my wife was still under the 25 limit)
    Insurance Choice (don’t think I ever did get a cover note that was all correct in the four years I was with them)

sugdenr
    Free Member

comfort, been no nonsense and good customer service. small bonus is they email the docs to you – good for last minute cover.

walla24
    Free Member

HIC…..brokers always spend ages tailoring mine

addy6402

HIC here as well, they’ve been good on various cars and campers over the years.

white101

Flux here for my T25, only had the van since June and hoping not to have to claim for anything! Get uk and euro breakdown cover with that. Limited to 8k kms a year.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Another Stavely Head here. Been with them a few years now as they are just so cheap and the cover is all we need. Even threw in commuting last time as they had made a small error (hadn’t added it as I occasionally took it to school, so added it for nothing when I pointed it out).

Matt_SS_xc

and the winner is…..Brentacre again.
    Got it down from 470 to 230!
    AIB were great, got it down to 269.99
    Clubcare had a long long list of requirements that annoyed me.
    Adrian Flux well off at 365 and HIC and 375.

Im pleased im still with Brentacre, everytime I speak to them the happy south walians make it all so easy!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘OT-Campervan Insurance’ is closed to new replies.