Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • OT: anyone watching Frankie Boyle's Tramadol pants on 4
  • Pook

rubbish.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aye.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Trying too hard

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That Knight Rider thing was awful. His obsession with paedophilia is quite disturbing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No way. Knight Rider was AWESOME.

eth3er
    Free Member

Golly it’s awful. It’s fascinating to watch a man crash and burn. Stephen K Amos has not as I thought made the worst sketch show this year.

Pook

is it meant to be funny?

Houns

Enjoying it here

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stick to Zoolander, losers!

MrNutt
    Free Member

the loose women sketch, now thats gotta kick off mass burning of his new DVD, oh hang on, very clever!

jools182
    Free Member

Not that impressed. He should stick to stand-up

grumm
    Free Member

Not watched the Frankie Boyle thing – I used to be a big fan of his but he’s getting a bit stale now imo.

Stephen K Amos has not as I thought made the worst sketch show this year.

Wow that’s quite something. I read an interview with him where he was complaining about how there is lots of discrimination in British comedy and how lots of black comics he knew had gone to America as there are more opportunities there.

Maybe so, but surely things can’t be that prejudiced here if someone so unfunny has managed to get a Friday night slot on BBC2?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Stand-up funny, sketches pap. The Knight-Rider one went on, and on, and on…

eth3er
    Free Member

Based on what’s on now looks like channel4 has given up comedy, at least on Tuesdays.

69er
    Free Member

That was a disaster.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Gutted… To make matters worse I watched it with my parents… That was a mistake!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With your folks?? Ha ha. Did they laugh?

spacehopper

thought he was great on mock the week..

but that was utterly dire.. worst thing i’ve ever seen on TV.

AlasdairMc

I thought the sketches were rubbish, and the stand-up alright. Too many jokes on the same theme though.

spacemonkey

Absolute shite. If the rest of his series is of a similar vane then his career may well take a downward spiral (although perhaps it already is).

As for SKA – yet more diabolically unfunny tripe.

KT1973
    Free Member

As above- his stand up is good, as was his spontinaity and ‘close to the bone’ humour on mock the week, but that was shite. I turned it off and i’ve got tickets to see him live next week.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flog ’em on Ebay?

Mugboo

Stand up ok, sketches crap.

Although maybe sketch shows are crap. When was the last good one? Fast show or maybe that Dom Jolly thing?

Come to think of it i was a right stoner back then, maybe even they weren’t funny…

cynic-al
    Free Member

He left Mock the Week as he found it constricting.

Stick to the safe spoon fed comedy guys!

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve always thought he was crap TBH – a one trick pony

ken_shields
    Free Member

KT1973 – Member
    i’ve got tickets to see him live next week.

Saw him a few weeks ago and wasn’t funny (IMHO a bit of a one trick pony) but the Canadian geezer on as the warm up was good

LHS
    Free Member

Someone whos jokes are about Madeleine McCann, Baby P, Jordans blind, autistic son, Jade Goody’s cervical cancer, limbless swimmers and the rape of children shouldn’t be referred to as a comedian let alone let on TV. Utterly awful.

Haze

Nothing wrong with some dark humour taken in the right context, but last time I saw Boyle (live) he seemed to be trying too hard – at the expense of actually being all that funny.

Amos’ show was a massive disappointment for me, as was John Bishop.

In general, I’ll stick to the stand-up routines from now on.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Stand up = brilliant (although some of his gags I’ve seen before on MTW / DVD etc)
    Sketch stuff = mostly rubbish

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s outrageous! Down with this sort of thing!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

thought he was great on mock the week..

weird – like Orson Welles – started off brilliant, then just went downhill from there

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Well I found it mostly very entertaining. Particularly loved the soap opera bit.

Did think the loose women thing was too obvious in it’s controversy (i.e. a real ‘look at me, give me publicity’ attempt)

rewski
    Free Member

Agree: Stand Up = great. Sketches = cringe.

Shame, is book was great.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s outrageous! Down with this sort of thing!

Someone’s trying too hard this morning…just like Frankie last night.

cynic-al
    Free Member

😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is FB one of the comedians that gets accused of being as offensive/backwards/mysogynist/racist/whatever as Chubby Brown & 70s comedians etc?

yunki
    Free Member

disappointing.. trite

I might have enjoyed it in the right company.. but as Frankie himself says he’s got zero respect for anyone that watches it.. and I respect his outlook.. I’ll endevour to be doing something else at the same time next week…

I like his sense of humour immensely.. but I’m just not retarded enough to need a witty fella to tell me how odious our society has become.. I’ll wait to hear the best of the jokes from someone in the pub..

He needed the steadying influence of his co-writers on mock the week.. without them he’s a bit like the disturbed kid at school who thought it was funny to throw stones at dogs and poo at girls..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s got away with it thusfar. I think he’s walking a thin line these days – I dunno, one or two kiddie fiddler jokes is ok, but the constant barrage of them just kind of wears one down. I don’t want to dislike him, but he didn’t do himself any favours last night with that show.

The George Michael bits were funny though – because they were short and sharp.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is it O.K. to like Michael McIntyre?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it O.K. to like Michael McIntyre?

I know it’s deeply uncool, but hey, I listen to some of his routines and he makes me laugh occasionally. I love the euphemism used when a review is being carried out in the presence of the performer (happens quite a bit on Radio 5 on a Monday morning)…”You really know your audience” 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘OT: anyone watching Frankie Boyle's Tramadol pants on 4’ is closed to new replies.