Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • OT: Anyone got/had a B5.5 Passat?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Can you roll the windows with the alarm fob? According to the manual like an Audi I should be able to press and hold unlock or lock to put windows up/down

Everyone online says this shouldn’t be the case without a mod

Anyone’s go up n down?

molgrips
    Free Member

Every VAG car I’ve known did this (97 Passat, 03 Seat, 06 Passat) Hold the open button down for a few seconds and all the windows roll down. The opposite also works.

Is it not working for you?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Newp. Hmm

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Has the battery been disconencted recently?

I seem to recall the car having to “learn” the window positions for the one-shot up/down thing. Try doing that on each window and trying again maybe?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

When I say “try that” I mean lowering and raising each window in turn using the one-touch up/down thing.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

That all works just the fob option

singletrackmind

My 2001 Passat B5.5 certainly didnt do this. My bro tried it as his B6 definatly did.
    I now have a 2003 Passat B5.5 and will try it out latewr and let you know

grim168
    Free Member

2005 plate b6 base model here.mine does it.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

If you know someone with vagcom, it should be an easy enough edit.

Cougar

When I say “try that” I mean lowering and raising each window in turn using the one-touch up/down thing.

Back when I had Cavaliers, you’d to program the windows to learn where the top and bottom were by pressing and holding the control for several seconds after the window had got to the extent of the travel.

You could tell when they were set correctly as the control would full-click to open / close all the way rather than stop when you released the button.

I can’t remember offhand whether that was a requirement for the remote open / close to work, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

geoffj

My 05 b5.5 didn’t do it.
    But my 01 e46 330i does 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Just checked my 51 plate B5.5 Passat, and it doesn’t do it.

Have had a few older beemers in the past, and they all did. Come to think of it, so did my B5 A4 (though mine was a top spec 2.5Tdi Quattro sport model).

Whatcha bought anyway? B5.5 Passats are ace mate, I’m on my 3rd, and my housemate has done almost 200k miles in his and now it’s a little tired, he’s on the hunt for another low mileage version again…

mboy
    Free Member

EDIT: Double Post

wysiwyg
    Free Member

05 highline estate.

She’s pretty nice.

deepreddave
    Free Member

My 2000 Passat didn’t with the remote but if you inserted the key into the lock and held it turned to lock all the windows would go up. Recall the manual saying the remote key was programmable but think was maybe to unlock one door or all doors with a ‘plip’.

ads678

My 03 passat doesn’t do it with the fob but does with the key in the door.

bobmac892

“My 03 passat doesn’t do it with the fob but does with the key in the door.”

Yep me to on a 2003 B5.5.

LoCo
    Free Member

Our 53 plate B5.5 TDI ‘sport’ ( 😆 ) doesn’t do this

geoffj

05 highline estate.

She’s pretty nice.

Mine was a high line estate 2.0l (gutless) petrol – and it didn’t do it.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Back when I had Cavaliers, you’d to program the windows to learn where the top and bottom were by pressing and holding the control for several seconds after the window had got to the extent of the travel.

You could tell when they were set correctly as the control would full-click to open / close all the way rather than stop when you released the button.

I can’t remember offhand whether that was a requirement for the remote open / close to work, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeah, my Mondeo was the same – pretty certain the global opening/closing wouldn’t work until it had learnt the window up/down positions (if, for example, the battery had been disconnected for whatever reason).

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

My 03 doesn’t but it’s easy enough to enable via VAGCOM.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered that my 56 plate Passat does this. Cool

Why would you want this?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cos you cant put the windows up without the key in. Easier if you forget to close them after getting out on the fob.

Dont get why the manual says it works. Im taking a trip to VW about the paint, ill see what they say.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘OT: Anyone got/had a B5.5 Passat?’ is closed to new replies.